Universal HROOGAR - Fantasy Board Game (By HYLMES)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hylmes, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I have it installed on my iphone. When I go to the appstore on my iphone, ipad, or pc, it shows the price. Release-pull-release with a different app identifier.

2. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I just went to the App Store on my iPhone, and same as on my iPad, it also shows Hroogar with Friends as "Install". Could this be something affecting your region's App Store only?

3. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    He's complaining that the game was released and pulled and then released again, and he bought it the first time but now he has to buy it again.

If so, I can see why that would be annoying.

4. hylmes

hylmes Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    U.S
    #44 hylmes, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    Hello, everone.

The First released HROOGAR (maybe early December, 2012) was totally Free, never Paid. So customers could never buy HROOGAR (paid) twice. This version had very critical issues in the Multiplayer mode. So we had no choice but to stop releasing this version before the Christmas season (just 2 days available on the app store).

And after a month we fixed critical issues and released HROOGAR again. (And was Freebie for a week recently).

Thank you.

5. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #45 Greyskull, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
    Yes, I know I'm quoting myself. I need to extend an apology to the developers. I'm used to having my concerns ignored, so my kneejerk reaction is usually the correct one. BUT, these guys are on top of things. I was given TWO promo codes for the new version not long after my rant.

Thanks guys. I've grown so jaded with what passes for ethics amongst iOS devs and publishers that I didn't give you the benefit of the doubt. I don't forget which devs are shady, nor the few that do right by their customers.

So...anyone want to play online :)?

EDIT: And if I didn't pay for it the first time, I'm doubly sorry. I have so many apps (over 12,000) and have spent so much (about 100$ a month) that I honestly don't remember what I paid for and what I didn't. Now I feel stupid.

6. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    So, did you actually get the previous version for free, or did you pay for it as you said before? They claim it was always free. Maybe you misremembered?

7. staffordling

staffordling Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Fun game but needs to be fixed

8. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I edited my previous post. Read it for a more fleshed out response, but, if they say I did, I must have gotten it for free. If I look greedy, I don't mean too, I honestly don't know what I own :/

9. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Wait what it was pulled? I checked up on it and its 99 cents for me?

10. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    The game was launched briefly for free in December, then pulled from the app store.

The new version was then released at $0.99, briefly reduced to free, and is now back at $0.99.

11. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    So why did they make it a new app instead of a update fix? I'm not gonna pay for the same app twice that is BS. Not hating on the developer glad he fixes it but dumb move.

12. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Do you have a problem reading what I wrote? The first release was always free. It would be impossible to pay for the game twice.

13. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I got it when it came out I go back to the store it says 99 cents for me and it has happened before some gameboy type game called robot something I forgot the title.

14. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Yes. But you got it for free. So you're not paying for it twice, as you claimed.

15. Savagespesh

Savagespesh New Member

Feb 11, 2013
    Bugs

Hey just thought id write to ask if you knew about the constant player disconnects or sync errors where it says its the opponents turn but it yours on their screen.

otherwise its a brilliant game and me and my friends are very happy playing it and will try to hoping this buggs get fixed

16. hylmes

hylmes Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    U.S
    Version 2.0 is released!

Hroogar Version 2.0 is released NOW!

What's New in this Version : v2.0

❖ Support Asynchronous multiplayer mode
    ❖ Advanced Game Rules to make Hroogar more fun
    ❖ Added 10+ new Card Events
    ❖ Added Localization (Korean)

Thank you.

17. zaphod182

zaphod182 New Member

Dec 1, 2012
    A lot of fun when it works. We have played three games and not one has completed. It seems to locked up between player turns with no hope of recovering I hope they fix this soon.

18. hylmes

hylmes Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    U.S
    #58 hylmes, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    Hello, Everyone.

HROOGAR is a turn-based game, so if AWK (away keyboard) users does not pass their turn, you can not take your turn unfortunately. :^(

Moreover, iOS 5.x Game center does not support a time-limit of user's turn.

For these reasons we recommend that you play HROOGAR with your friends or your family. :)

We recognised this situation and we are trying to improve it.

Thank you.

19. hylmes

hylmes Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    U.S
    Version 2.1 is out now

Hi, everyone.

Hroogar version 2.1 is out now.

What's New in this Version : v2.1
    • Totally Chanced Game Rules to make Hroogar more exciting!
    • Added Smithing Skill.
    • Can use your Skill Bonuses in the Single Play.

c.f) Next version 3.0 will include a single game with A.I players
    and update a multiplayer game with new algorithm for fixing broken game sync because of network packet loss.

Thank you.:)

20. DarklordBuddhai

Aug 9, 2013
    Hey Hylmes...when is version 3.0 coming? Cant ever seem to get a game finished unless i pass n play...would love to be able to play against AI!!!