Please advice! How much $$$ should be in our accounts while waiting

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by seyoon, Aug 19, 2009.

1. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Damn!! With sales coming out left and right, Doom, NFS, Wolf RPG, which I bought all, plus the good games that just came out, I'm starting to wonder if I would have enough money for the upcoming Gang$tar and other releases.

So in order to play it safe, how much money should be in our "waiting" accounts if we need to wait til the next paycheck at the beginning of September? We have Gang$tar which is scheduled of the end of August @ $6.99. Then give or take a few more sales will happen. Should $20 be a good "waiting money" to last the month?

2. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    The games aren't going anywhere, new ones come every day, and if it goes on sale once it'll go on sale again eventually. You should really just have a budget.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I spent $40 this past week on apps.

4. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    I'd say 20 is too low. Probably 25-50 is more safe. Also it depends on the apps you want. But it would probably be easier to jailbreak and get for free. I mean there are too many good apps coming out. If you saved five dollars for a week every week fo two months ending up with $40, then you would be good.

5. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    That's sounds like what I would spend if my iPhone wasn't jailbroken. There are too many good apps. Ha

6. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Well I'm not trying to say I'm insanely rich or anything, but I can just about afford it at this rate :) I had a little extra cash and then my paycheck came in on top of that so I didn't worry too much about my app store spending.

7. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Spent around $130 from this weekend til now with the price drops and the new good ones. :D

Sorry but no jailbreak for me. Not to say I'm looking down at jailbreaking, I respect everyone's opinion, but it's just my principle. I'd rather help the platform and developers and at the same time, baby my devices to the best shape as much as possible in terms of stability. :)

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Damn son, what did you buy?

9. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    All the highly rated new ones at the main thread, some classic stuff in my wishlist, price drops, productivity apps, etc. I know, it's out of hand :D. But I'm also stoked with the upcoming games to be released hopefully before the month is over. Gang$tar, Shift, Swarm, who knows maybe iMech will miraculously appear. ;)