Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-13-2013, 10:31 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

thanks for the update! when do you expect to submit all this cool stuff to Apple?
Old 05-14-2013, 04:01 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
thanks for the update! when do you expect to submit all this cool stuff to Apple?
We're working quickly, but it turns out that making a cloud based economy that runs the planets for the various runs you can do, even just the first version before we do player to player trading, takes about as much again as the original game. In many ways Rocket Patrol is becoming much more a social online single player game than the turn based game we originally intended. Different ships with different hold capacities, running more than one ship at once, all these things, lots of code. We're trying to reach a point of a "version one" that will let us launch, but.. lots of code.. hopefully not too much longer..

If you excuse the bad programmer art, you can get an idea of the campaign from the current mission control screen in the game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iOS Simulator Screen shot May 13, 2013 8.36.02 PM.jpg (84.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-14-2013, 04:13 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphodgjd View Post
We're working quickly
Well, the game has certainly come a long way from its initial incarnation, at any rate. ^_^
Old 05-26-2013, 07:14 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this game. Looking forward to future updates. It's become my go to game for a few minutes of fun!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:38 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHItcherUK View Post
I turned my ipad on, then off, then on, then off, then on, then off, then on, then off, then on and i don't know why cos I don't even have this game!
I think I might have found a new sig...
Old 05-26-2013, 08:40 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphodgjd View Post
We're working quickly, but it turns out that making a cloud based economy that runs the planets for the various runs you can do, even just the first version before we do player to player trading, takes about as much again as the original game. In many ways Rocket Patrol is becoming much more a social online single player game than the turn based game we originally intended. Different ships with different hold capacities, running more than one ship at once, all these things, lots of code. We're trying to reach a point of a "version one" that will let us launch, but.. lots of code.. hopefully not too much longer..

If you excuse the bad programmer art, you can get an idea of the campaign from the current mission control screen in the game.
Looks good. It's not too rough, I don't play card games for the graphics (well, unless they are truly exceptional...MTG being the threshold for exceptional).