iOS 7.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak released!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Gov, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Confirmed and working!

2. Crichton333

Crichton333 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Game developer
    Yep, the reports are that its working like a charm.

3. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Have you jailbroken 7.1.1 ? I'm thinking of waiting for Fridays release of 7.1.2 then applying the jailbreak.

4. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Ohhh...
    I can tweak my page transitions again? Yay!

5. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    You could have given us a link ;)

6. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Do people actually jailbreak that much these days?

Jail breaking was pretty much essential back in the days before iPhones had folders, but these days I don't see much that needs fixing in iOS. Cetainly not enough to make me want to jailbreak.

7. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    I want to jailbreak for one reason only. Emulation!

8. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Yep emulation, controllers4all and Blutrol are beautiful reasons to JB.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Themes. Access to the file system. Device recording. Assorted tweaks. It can be fun to fiddle with your device, but truly, there's not a whole ton of essential functionality you gain these days.

10. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    My only reason. Although there are a few emulators which slipped through AppStore, they don't compete with JIT enabled emulators like PPSSPP and others.

11. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    It's a shame ppsspp sucks even with JIT enabled.

12. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Not for me. Runs really good (5s) it'd still note been version 1.0 yet...

13. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    It's true that there are fewer reasons than there used to be. Controllers4All, which allows using PS3 and PS4 controllers as MFi controllers is probably my biggest motivation now. As more MFi controllers are released that'll become less important, but right now it's the only way to use a full-sized controller as an MFi controller. Plus if you already own one because you have a PS3/PS4 then it's a no-brainer.

Though I had a lot more reasons than just folders for wanting to jailbreak previously. I had functionality similar to Notification Center, Control Center, Do Not Disturb, tethering, swipe controls for switching apps, customizable backdrops and lockscreen, all years before Apple got around to adding them to iOS. That's also why it always irks me when people assume pirating apps is the main reason people would want to jailbreak.

14. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    It's impossible to play god of war on my mini retina. I wish they'd fixed non buffered rendering.

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Was excited to see this news, but then I looked at it. It looks *super* sketchy to me. Especially since the unknown team apparently have not released the source code. This may well jailbreak your phone, but no telling whether or not they are injecting any additional code onto your device for their own purposes. I'm passing on it for now. Maybe at some point they'll release the source and people will verify it.

16. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Now imagine playing GoW on a non-jailbroken iPad running PPSSPP... It would be far worse. Because JIT is locked down by apple.

17. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Sadly I'll do the same. I desperately want to play my all time fave Speccy games but I'm not risking ruining my ipad. I'll wait.. for now.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    You dont have to jailbreak to play your favourite Speccy games. I've got about 120 on my phone and that was pre-jailbreak

Never have done, buy Spectaculator (full version) and then with iFunbox you can see the format the games are in and you can copy your own on (as long as theyre in the right format). One of the best apps i've got.

19. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    I have Spectaculator, I bought it ages ago but I have real problems trying to add games, I find the config files are so fiddly and hard to get working right. I've tried adding 20-25 games and I only got 2 of them to work, so I gave up.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Its easy !

Only have to change a few things in that ini file and then re-zip it up. Granted takes a little bit of time but well worth doing to get all your favourites on your phone. Love that app