Castle crashers on iPhone. Is it possible?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Forerunnerz, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

This is only some Microsoft paint edit I made in like 10 seconds. I want to know if it's possible for a game like Castle Crashers to work on the iPhone. It was one of my favorite games of all times and would be awesome to see a port or a new castle crashers game exclusively for the iPhone.

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    arghhhh why do people make these threads???!?!?!?!? every single game would be awesome if ported!!! :D

P.S: Added the smiley so you didn't think I was mad at you :)

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Castle Crashers + iPhone = EPIC WIN

Is it possible? Yes. The game was created by an independent company. Their first game was on the DS, PSP, PS2, and stuff like that.

Is it likely? Probably not. The game would have to be very limited. This means not multiplayer, not as many levels, etc. Personally, I'd love to seethis on WiiWare (yeah, I said it) before anything else.

4. Forerunnerz

Feb 14, 2009
    I wouldn't mind a more limited Castle Crashers. As long as it's at least ¼-½ as long as Castle Crashers on XBLA and multiplayer should be possible if it doesn't go higher than 2 players. It would be badass. A look alike of Castle Crashers is Zombieville USA, showing that the graphics are possible. Maybe a sidescrolling Castle Crashers. Or an Alien Hominid. I love the Great Behemoth's games. They own so much.

5. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    Just an FYI, but Alien Hominid was a flash game first.

6. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    I have CC on the 360 and after having it there I would be dissapointed in an iDevice version.

7. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

It'd take some work -- I think getting the control right would be the main challenge.

8. Forerunnerz

Feb 14, 2009
    As it is for most iPhone games nowadays.

9. MetaNick

MetaNick Well-Known Member

How would that work? The game relies on a series of buttons and joysticks to control. The only way I can imagine it working (without essentially making a different game and skinning it with Castle Crashers graphics) is to load the screen with on-screen controls which, in my opinion, suck.

I love me some Castle Crashers, but I think this would be terrible on the iPhone. I don't think every game can or should be ported to the iPhone and this is one of them.

10. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Wasn't great for the XBox, and it probably wouldn't be great for the iphone. One of the great features of the games was the art. And it would be sub par to the XBox version. So, I wouldn't really care if it came on.

11. MattyFTM

MattyFTM Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Don't microsoft own the publishing rights to Castle Crashers? So I'd go for no.

Although Rare, a microsoft owned company, have developed games for the DS, because Microsoft don't have a handheld console, so it doesn't directly compete. So, maybe. Although it'd take allot of work to get the controlls working well.

12. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Yeah, they do. The controls wouldnt be too bad, I reckon. Moving would be a tough one though. They could have some cool weapon controls, with the accelerometer and all,

13. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Geometry Wars: Galaxies is for the DS and the Wii and if thats the case then I don't think Microsoft has publishing rights to those two games so why would it have it for Castle Crashers??

Also isn't there like supposed to be a control pad coming out for the iPhone/iPod touch(jailbroken only)? If that's true then it's very much possible that we will start seeing games like castle crashers ported to iphone(jailbroken only).

If the AppStore gets better and better over the course of this year next year in 2010 the iPhone will probably hold the spot as the greatest mobile system ever because anybody with enough passion an idea and intelligence can create an app to be published in the appstore. It's kind of like America if you think about it; it's di*******, it's concept in which anyone with enough focus can make it there and that anyone can just start a new life there(quitting your job). Oh and people keep trying(are) breaking into the appstore(jailbreaking) just like people are hopping the border and what not lol. The appstore is just too amazing...

14. MW3 ASSASSINs

MW3 ASSASSINs New Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Well um i dont know about a lot of people on this site but i have designed ipod/ipad/iphone games and believe it or not controls are the easiest part of making a game.