How is Trism on battery life?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Buster08, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Buster08

Buster08 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    How is trism on the battery?I ask because I know bejeweled and tetris to be big drainers and I want to find out if games like this drain battery. Any thoughts?

2. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    Ask zincous haha

3. ipressbuttons

ipressbuttons Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Biggest drainner for me, even beats sim city :/

4. mek

mek Well-Known Member

just lower your brightness, or turn off push, and or turn off wifi and it will extend the battery so you dont have to worry about it running out so fast

i forgot about trism, i think there was a reason why i deleted it, oh thats right..i got bored of it..-haha...to each their own

5. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    #5 Zincous, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
    :D

Well yes it can drain it after playing for a long time, just like any game.
    It probably drains it slightly faster than other games in the same genre though, but idk

I haven't played bejeweled or tetris for long periods of time, so I can't compare.

I have my screen dimmed to half way, and I don't experience too bad of battery drain....
    It's not like omg 5 min and it's dead. It lasts a long time still....I can play for an hour or two atleast before I notice it's super low...

6. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I don't see how Trism could drain your battery faster than like HoS or BIA or Katamari etc.. i think the answer is if you think you've got some time to dedicate to a game, just go into settings and throw on Airplane mode and lower brightness to 50% and you're fine!

7. Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Slaving peon.
    Not here; not there; not anywhere!
    #7 Mister Mumbles, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
    I didn't think this was worth an extra thread, so I'm slightly hi-jacking this older one. My question is this: Is there a way to manually set the direction in which the replenishing triangles will slide onto the field after a match in the full version or is it always restricted to using the accelerometer?

I really like the game mechanics which I've seen in the Lite version, but the whole tilt iPod Touch to such and such angle after almost every match is a big turn-off for me. Am I the only one who is of that opinion?

8. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    bet you drain your entire batt on trism :p

9. ian1969uk

ian1969uk Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    No way to set direction, sorry.

10. Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Slaving peon.
    Not here; not there; not anywhere!
    I figured as much, but it was worth checking up on. Oh well. One lost sale. =/