★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Follow us @TG_Studios on Twitter!

PuzzleQuest - Chapters 1 and 2

Includes Chapter 1 AND 2 for one price!

-This is a historic achievement Buy it with our blessing. - Slide to Play
-[T]he sublime melding of roleplaying and puzzle genres... - Kotaku.com

There have been many variations on a basic gem matching game, but Puzzle Quest's role-playing story is so gripping you won't want to put it down!

-Over 40 hours of epic storyline play
-An enchanting musical score
-Fight many opponents in battles and keep sieges as you progress through the story
-Play solo puzzles to research new spells or to train your mounts
-Content from the original Puzzle Quest and the Revenge of the Plague Lord expansion pack
-Perfect for both casual and hard-core game enthusiasts alike.

Battles are fought by switching seven colourful game pieces to create matching rows of three or more. You can attack, save up mana, or unleash one of your powerful spells.

But what is a hero without a quest? The game tells the story of your hero's epic journey, with each victory bringing you closer to the ultimate battle against the Warlords. Along the way you will meet characters whose stories cross paths with your own. Helping them will mean a companion that helps you complete your quest. As your quest continues you will gain in experience levels, learn new spells and abilities, find magical artifacts, arms and armour, and even mounts that aid you in battle!

Puzzle Quest for the iPhone and iPod Touch includes game content from the Revenge of the Plague Lord expansion pack in addition to the original game. Each instalment stores characters, spells and high scores, allowing you to carry your heroes forward from chapter to chapter. The final chapter of the trilogy will be available on the App Store soon.

So what are you waiting for? Begin your Puzzle Quest Today!

Great for fans of Enigmo, Fieldrunners, Rolando, Hero of Sparta, Aurora Feint, Bravian Lands, Brothers in Arms, Everest: Hidden Expedition, Arvale: Journey of Illusion, Jewel Quest II and more!
12-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Hmmmmmmm......Chapter one ?
I don't like the sound of that, especially for 5.99.

12-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Send a message via AIM to costanza
Um, I hope they don't charge us $30 for the full 3 chapters... Either way I'll be buying this one cause I love Puzzle Quest.
12-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Yeah saw the chapter 1 thing too, this I thought would be a sure purchase for me but now I will pass on it. Buy 3 games instead of having 1 complete on the DS where is the logic in that.

Will wait until all 3 are released and hopefully packaged together into 1 Puzzle Quest - Challenge of the warlords.
12-23-2008, 08:52 AM
Not interested, though I know this will make some people's day.

Life Is Too Short To Be Wordy
12-23-2008, 08:57 AM
There are three chapters. If you ask me, I think its a clever way of charging full price on a game. Considering I was looking forward to this, and it looks to be polished. I will purchase it. Especially since you can carry you information through the other games
12-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Would rather have paid more for 1 complete game. Just like with Toy Bot Diaries and 1112 I refuse to buy chapters of games. Give me a complete game for my buck, is that so much to ask?
12-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Agreed. (I won't get this game anyway, but TBD would have been a lot more interesting if it would have been one complete game.)

Stefan
12-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSP View Post
Would rather have paid more for 1 complete game. Just like with Toy Bot Diaries and 1112 I refuse to buy chapters of games. Give me a complete game for my buck, is that so much to ask?
Yep, the main reason i didn't buy any of the toybot series, is because it was a series, i'm not paying triple the price, and taking up 3 spaces on my springboard, i'd rather buy the gaem as one, in one icon.
12-23-2008, 09:13 AM
If it has instant action/levelup/multiplayer OUTSIDE of the story, it might be fun, bit I'm quite sure they went the asshole'ish way and put a level limit/gimped the enemy variation so you can't even enjoy that part fully.

Edit: Also I don't care for the price, 20-30 is reasonable price for a full length full functional portable game, anyone bitching is a cheapass, and the reason we rarely see REAL games in the app shop. The thing is the game's been done for a year on all the different format, I don't want to have it in three separate pieces. Actually the game size is the same as the -FULL- pc version so go figure.

Last edited by kitehimuro; 12-23-2008 at 09:17 AM.