Crazy Snowboard 2.2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ezone, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Game Developer @ Ezone.com
    Perth, Australia
    [​IMG]

Thought I'd start a thread to show some of things we are currently adding to Crazy Snowboard for the next update (2.2).

This screenshot shows our first attempt at adding grinds. We are also working on some new obstacles and tracks, a boost bar, and racing -- we'll post some screenshots soon.

We've also updated the bonus multiplier with grinds and also the special items so it makes more sense (now if you have the right board the bonus starts at x2 as soon as you start a jump).

Let us know what you think, and if there is anything you'd like to see added in this next update.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Looks like a sweet update to an already sweet app. Thanks!

3. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    also, can we have more than four tricks. I though, what if you could use multi-touch and have two fingers on the screen ( top left and bottom right at the same time/ bottom left and...) to activate another trick. four is a lot, but I wouldn't have to go in and change them all the time if I could have more. Also, a custom character creator (think ouch! but 3d. custom face, 10 preset bodies and you are good to go!). I really am loving this game and keep trying to get my friends to buy it, but they are cheap (even though it is a very cheap price).

4. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Sounds great! keep up the good work. What I would really love to see is the option to use skis, but maybe that's not realistic given the nature of the title.

5. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    I want skiis too! In SSX I don't think I ever even tried the snowboard. Update looks great so far though.

6. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Perth, Australia
    Good idea! We've been looking into some options for more grabs + the ability to do spins and flips. At the moment we are thinking multi-touch grabs (as you described) and then swipe up/down or side-to-side to do rotations. Each rotation would do a complete 360, so you would need to time it well before a landing. If you get high enough you could do 720s, etc.

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #7 rIcHrAnDoM, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
    ezone, this game is already one of the absolute best in the store, and you guys just keep pumping out content, you freaking rock!!!! Thanks for ongoing awesomeness

Richard

Btw, love the signature, LOL :D

8. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    How much faster is the race mode? Cause it would be cool if the tracks were design for racing and you barrelled down slopes and turns faster.
    So tap in one quadrant to begin a trick, and while you tapped, hold down that finger and swipe in a horizontal/ vertical direction to spin/ fip. Do you mean quick swipes to pull off quick flips and spins like Slope Rider/ SSX Tricky, or swipe slowly to gradually spin/ fip and let go when you made a complete rotation?

And where does all this leave the flipover grab?

9. anonymous

anonymous Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    Love this game

But we would like some custom snowboards and some more missions

10. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    #10 goldglover411, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
    wow that screenshot looks great. I know everyone wants a race mode. We should be able to customize snowboard and person to our liking.

One thing you could add is a boost button which would allow you to go supper fast and allows HUGE jumps with a lot of tricks and maybe a rocket powered board. I like the idea of new tricks a lot.

11. themendoz

themendoz Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Boost would be great but instead of a button, we should get the boost after doing the tricks, that way there is an incentive for the tricks

12. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Yup, Simon said that they would probably do that. This is what he said in the beta comments:

13. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Perth, Australia
    Yes, we are thinking a boost bar that gets charged when you land a trick. Then to activate boost you touch the boost bar (which would not mess with trick activation, as boost would be disabled in while in the air).

14. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    That is so cool. Would boost also allow for higher jumps for bigger multiplayers?

15. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Perth, Australia
    Actually in this next update we're working on everything is faster! Also, we have some all new tracks especially for race mode (hopefully we can post some screenshots soon).

Still working out the details.... which are essentially what you describe. What we are thinking is touch a quadrant (or two for more trick variations) to start a trick. Then release your touch(es) and quickly perform a swipe to start a flip/spin (if you don't swipe within a certain time, then the grab is released). Then touch again when you want the flip/spin (and grab) to stop. The spin will keep going to line you up for a landing. If there isn't enough height left to land straight, you wipeout. We think something like this would be a good option, as it remains true to the original way to perform grabs, but gives you a lot more trick variations.

Let us know any other ideas you think might work!

We'd probably replace flipover with another even cooler, more super awesomer grab!

16. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Perth, Australia
    Yes! We're adding in more multipliers now (currently only goes up to x6). With grinds, higher jumps and plans for more trick combinations we'll probably need to go up to to x12!

17. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Perth, Australia
    Check out this jump score, a combo of 4 grabs and 3 grinds -- looks like I need to up the multipliers!

[​IMG]

And here's a peek at the new grind sparks:

[​IMG]

18. Webviper7

Webviper7 Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Other computer controlled riders or humans to race agaisnt

Race mode i would like to see. Be able to race verse other computer riders or humans. Game is great.

19. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Welcome to Touch Arcade Webviper7:). I agree, A racing mode would be cool. I'm sure it's on ezones "to-do" list, they are trying to make any and all other winter sports games obsolete:D I think they've had more good updates than Pocket God:eek:

20. looman9635

looman9635 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    as well as rail i would like a box ans half pipies