Stragea vs. Warfare Inc.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by doodledrew, Jun 6, 2009.

1. doodledrew

doodledrew New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Ph.D. Economics Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Question: I know that Stragea is fairly new in the app store (less than a week, at this point), but I am curious about everyones' perspectives on their favorite RTS. I was excited to see Stragea in early glimpses, however it seems that people are saying that they still prefer Warfare Inc. as their choice RTS. So, I wonder what everyone thinks so far. Stragea or WFI?

2. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Don't have Warfare Inc., but I do have Stragea. And Stragea is horrible.

3. doodledrew

doodledrew New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Ph.D. Economics Student
    Ithaca, NY
    $1.99 horrible?

4. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
  5. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Yeah, I bought Stragea but I couldn't get into it. Deleted after a few missions.

6. kuler51

kuler51 Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Warfare Inc is a much better RTS because it includes things like resource management, varied units with strengths/weaknesses, a tech tree, and it is overall a MUCH MUCH deeper game. A good story line and TONS of add on missions (and the ability to make your own) make it a much better purchase.

Stragea is much simpler, and has less content.

7. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Be forewarned, with Warfare Inc, you will never get an update. There are issues with the AI that I feel completely ruins the game. I would have suggested the game 6 months ago, but the developer obviously has no interest in continuing to update the game. I'd liken buying this game to buying Orions, even though they are full games, you'll get what's there, but nothing more.

8. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Quantum Collapse is being submitted to apple on Monday:

www.quantumcollapse.com

It will be the best RTS for iphone by a mile.

9. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I'd hold out for red alert and robocalypse

10. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Except they are coming out at the end of the year :p

11. florbastang

florbastang Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    I thought it was being submitted this past week? So when can we expect online multiplayer? Like 2 years from now?

12. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    No i keep my promises, and the release is not delayed at all.

Multiplayer will come as soon as i can buy a next gen Iphone, maybe earlier if i can get access to another regular iphone to test with.

The entire AI plays through 'multiplayer commands' so it won't be hard at all to scratch the AI and receive commands through bluetooth or the internet.

13. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #13 HardcoreEricXXX, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
    Robocalypse says Summer 2009. Red Alert will probably see a 4th quarter release. Waiting three to five months for a quality game seems pretty reasonable. I've been waiting years for Starcraft 2. Quantum Collapse just looks like another game to waste some money on, like the one game that was a big hit RTS before Warfare Inc. Came out. I can't remember Its name, it was based around army vehicles, and strategically capturing bases.
    EDIT: Strategic Assualt

14. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Strategic Assault.

And what makes you say Quantum Collapse is going to be 'just another game'?, just because i'm an independent developer it means whatever i do will be mediocre?.

15. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Just because you're an independent dev? That's silly, all developers have to start somewhere. But just releaing a game that doesn't add any new elements to a genre, gives repetitive maps, and the best thing going for it are the 'plasma' like graphics isn't going to cut it for people who want the best.

16. JavierDavalos

Apr 19, 2009
    Quantum Collapse does add new things into the genre, but i won't go into that until it's released.

So you are implying that for example Command and Conquer will have some kind of innovation on the iPhone version?

EA is a corporation that sticks with what works, if you think for a second that they will deviate a micron from the 'this makes money' recipe you are terribly wrong. I used to work for them until recently so i know very well what i'm saying.

Robocalypse does seem to bring fresh air to the genre though, as an RTS fan i wish they release a great product.

17. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    It may not bring anything new to the iPhone version, but the computer version created it's own dent in RTS games. The nostalgia associated with the game makes it worth buying. Just like I would purchase an iPhone version of StarCraft, WarCraft or A of E.
    While any new RTS game is usually fun to pick up and play the first time, I just don't see Quantum Collapse as being a feat in the genre and having its name talked about in gaming communites around the world. But then again, I've only seen a lil gameplay vid and some pictures, so time will tell.