Old 03-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'll be back...
Old 03-29-2013, 09:36 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by squabs View Post
That's not blur, find yer self an original Nintendo game boy, the bricky white one with greenish monochrome screen, now THAT is blur :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I'm fine with native resolution, that's beautiful
Except for the bit where the level is virtually invisible while scrolling... Thankfully the GBC fixed that one nicely.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:37 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

I'm having the same control problem on my iPad 2. I think I just don't get how this is supposed to work. For some reason I had no such issues with the original game.

Also, it almost sounds like Minter is done with iOS (and Android). On Twitter he seemed to imply that he's moving to the PS Vita. Though it was a vague post. He said:

Quote:
On a short hol with my mum. Looking forward to returning to my new home... In VITATOWN.
Well, hopefully he just means he'll be developing there too, but I don't know. He's been pretty frustrated with iOS and Android.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:17 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Made a thread in General instead....

Last edited by crunc; 04-02-2013 at 09:27 AM..
Old 04-13-2013, 08:37 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Well, this is just great.

If you press the green "EXPORT" button next to Game 1: Moon Action Miner, ALL your scores and times will be erased! You can import them to games 2, 3, or 4, but gamecenter obviously won't work.

Also, Moon Action Miner levels 8, 10 and 12 are glitched:

1)Collect almost every single item in a level, and don't fart too much.
2)Go to the exit terminal, and the game will count up the score of all the items trailing you.
3)Then... nothing. You see a black screen. The "BETWEEN LEVELS STATUS REPORT" that is supposed to show up will not.

You have two options from here, either a) exit to the main menu, or b) press RESET twice which will bring you to the next level but your score will be reset to zero. Neither options are ideal if you're going for a pure score.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:20 PM

Crazy like a goat. Superb. Minter rulez as always. Sweet touch controls & even sweeter iCade support.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:06 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDOMIZE USR 0 View Post
Crazy like a goat. Superb. Minter rulez as always. Sweet touch controls & even sweeter iCade support.
Agreed, too bad this will most likely be his last iOS effort...
Old 05-27-2013, 04:28 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
Agreed, too bad this will most likely be his last iOS effort...
Don't be sure ;-)
Old 07-16-2013, 10:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

A landscape mode would be nice. I really can't play touch on my phone and tilt doesn't seem to fit the gameplay that well to me. I can play it alright with touch on my wife's iPad, but I don't usually have use of that since we tend to use our devices at the same time.

Regardless, I'm not too thrilled with this game aside from the control issues. I like Minter's humor, but some of his games are way more zany than they should be and this is certainly one of the most. The audio is just way too grating.

I also think the level design is far too bizarre and difficult; they come off like Smash Brothers arenas. I guess it's supposed to get hard within the same sort of time frame that Goat-Up 1 does, but I don't think that's a good idea when there are so many levels in the game. I'd be more inclined to struggle through a difficult level if I'd already had some sense of accomplishment by going through several easier levels before it.

I miss a lot of jumps, fart by accident and don't know whether or not I'm going to have a spare fart ready for a long jump. I usually expect a similarity in physics among good platformers, and this game's mechanics just feel unnatural. I'm not exactly bad at games in general, so I feel there's something wrong with how the game is designed. I can go much farther in Gridrunner and Super Ox Wars before getting a Game Over and I think that's completely inappropriate for a game of this genre with this much content.

I think Minter should have applied a more tried and true platformer model to this game rather than completely rip endless jumper mechanics and apply them to a genre outside his area of expertise. The amount of content in the game is impressive though so I wouldn't call this a bad game and I can understand why this is 2x/4x the price of his other games, but I think it's one of his weakest in terms of execution.

Last edited by smegly; 07-16-2013 at 10:53 PM..
Old 07-17-2013, 08:47 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

This game didn't grab me like many of his other games, including Goat Up 1.

I recently bought a Vita (used) in part because of TxK. I'm pretty excited for that!