Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-28-2014, 06:06 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Default Marcus Level (by MondoTV France)

Last edited by PeteOzzy; 05-29-2014 at 10:16 AM..
Old 05-28-2014, 06:21 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Downloaded it instantly.

Last edited by Chaos_u; 05-28-2014 at 10:42 AM..
Old 05-28-2014, 06:24 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

looks good but no game center :/
Old 05-28-2014, 06:59 AM

This one looks like another one going on my list tonight. (If I can ever get away from Battleheart that is.)
Old 05-29-2014, 04:04 AM

Default Game Impressions

Old 05-29-2014, 04:05 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

What are the IAP?
Old 05-29-2014, 04:22 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
What are the IAP?
While playing you collect chocos. You can buy upgrades with them for example a magnet or extra lives.

Last edited by sink_or_swim; 05-29-2014 at 04:26 AM..
Old 05-30-2014, 08:15 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Default A little chocogem worth your attention!

Sometimes it happens that, while one game is totally overhyped, another one flies wrongfully under the radar of everybody. Even though this game was one of the few on my list this week, and even though I'm totally into platformers, after watching the somewhat unenthusiastic gameplay vid from chaos_u even I was about to drop this one. I'm glad I didn't.

First: Marcus Level isn't a runner. It's a auto run platformer like Rayman Run or Wind Up Knight. In fact, it often feels like playing a jump 'n run for some reason. Though this game may not be as brightly polished as the two I just named, it can definitely challenge them when it comes to beeing, er, challenging ...

In Marcus Level your goal isn't just to reach the end of the level. Thats easy. No, what you really want is to earn some badges. Five of them, as a matter of fact. And here it comes to where this game is special: each level contains different ways to go through, and in order to fulfill the requirements for those badges you literally have to explore these ways. One badge is for finishing the level, one for collecting all 100 chocobongos in one run, another for finding three secrets, the fourth for beating the time of a certain Ephi, (the shortest way may not necessary be the fastest ... ), and if you have these four, you can earn the fifth finishing the level without using the checkpoint.

As if this wasn't enough, there are enemies too! But don't worry, our hero is armed. You can slice your foeman, or jump on them, what will give you an extra bounce. And these bounces aren't just for fun, they can be necessary to reach places you wouldn't reach otherwise. And sometimes stumbling across a banana will change you in a monkey, which means higher and wider jumps, which means reaching even more places.

Starting a level gives you the opportunity to buy four different power-ups for chocobongos. These bonusses are normally unnecessary, but can help you with some challenges. For example if you go after the "all chocos in one run" badge, the magnet might be a good idea, for you don't want to miss the last two chocos for jumping a little late. Sometimes an extra heart can be a good thing too, and if you wonder how that Ephi made that time record, you may want to fudge and buy some seconds advantage. And if you have some chocos left, you can even upgrade these power-ups.

Earning a certain ammount of badges opens a new world, but you can unlock them with chocobongos too. If you are that impatient and / or if you want to upgrade all power-ups at once, you can buy chocos for money. Apart from that there is absolutely no reason to buy IAP, unless you want to support the developer, what could appear to be quite a good idea in this case.

The game is challenging, and not in a flappy way, but inviting. It's surprisingly fun to earn those badges. The gameplay is very smooth, and the level design great and astonishing. The graphics are cute, the sounds are cool AND funny. The game has the perfekt "just one more run" feeling, not least due to it's amazing balance of difficulty, which I so often miss in other games. If you have even the slightest interest in platformers, you want to check this one out! Have a nice day ...

Last edited by srtmxx; 05-30-2014 at 11:31 AM..
Old 05-30-2014, 12:32 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up