Universal Mine Quest: The Dwarf Dungeon Crawler Game (by Tapps Tecnologia da Informacao)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Masaroth

Masaroth New Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I'm enjoying the game and so thought I would buy some diamonds to support the devs, however whenever I click on the buy button, I'm getting an error saying it can't connect to the iTunes store. Anyone else experienced this?

2. FerranMG

FerranMG Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    I've been enjoying the game, too.
    I'm at the second island.
    I'm having some issues with it, however:

1.- The health system is not clear enough, and, currently, I get the feeling that it's also a bit broken:
    - I've been at <30 hp for quite a while, now. I don't fully understand how the system works.
    - I was expecting that using a health potion would fully recoer my hp, but nope, it was only 10hp. :confused:
    - I was expecting that, after dying and reviving, I would get back at full health. But nope, again only 10hp, I think.
    - I think it would be nice if health recovered with time, such as energy does.

2.- The zoom level is constantly resetted. Getting in and out of the workshop resets it. Getting out of a mine, too. It's a minor issue, but a little bit annoying.

3.- In the workshop, I'd like to see what the weapons effect are, before crafting them.

Also, I wanted to ask: what are the in-game ways of getting diamonds? Is it chests and leve-up rewards only?
    Is a level-up reward guaranteed to be a diamond?

All in all, I'm enjoying it so far. :)

3. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    I have to disagree with you here. I'm suprised a few people have said they don't like the health system. I'm almost at world 4 and I've only died once (I intentionally killed myself to see what would happen) The trick is to break all the blocks around the monster you killed. They're usually loaded with hearts.

To answer your question, at the start of the game you can have a maximum of 50 hearts. You can upgrade this number in the "Upgrade" tab of the menu. Everytime you hit a monster they'll hit you back, and you'll lose a set number of hearts depending on there strength. You can gain hearts in three ways...

- Finding them in blocks
    - Recieving a health potion (chest, level up bonus)
    - Buying a health potion (will give you 10 hearts, fair since they're extremely cheap and one of the only things you can use coins for)

If you break every block, health is something you barely have to worry about. :p

Yeah, I've had a few issues with zooming on the world map also. Sometimes when I'm zooming the game thinks I'm clicking and I'll waste energy. Hopefully it can be tweaked in a future update. :)

This would be great. I've just gone ahead and crafted every blueprint I've hit, but if you wanted to play strategically this would be a good feature!

You can get diamonds in the following ways...

- Finding them in treasure chests
    - Getting them as a level-up reward (around every five levels?)
    - Completing a set of certain relics
    - Buying them with real money

______

I'm not a dev of the game, so I may be wrong with certain things. :)

I'm excited to get to the last world and see what happens. I'm curious if the game will have any replay value or if there will be a final ending.

4. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I'm wondering that too, Kevin - if you can let us all know (without spoilers), that would be great. I was a little disappointed at the lack of choices to be made, and the finite number of blocks in each mine, so I doubt the replayability.
    What bugged me most though, was having to tap for each and every swing of the pickaxe. I'd like to see tap and hold once used for that, but it would require careful coding due to the energy system I guess...

5. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Sure, It will probably take me a few days to get there since I'm clearing all the worlds 100% though. The tapping annoyed me a little bit too, but now that I have a fairly strong pickaxe it's not to bad...

_____

By the way, if any of the devs read this.. "Hilo" is now officially my new favourite word. :)

6. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    While the blocks may be finite the dungeons feel planned in such a way that I feel like I'm actually exploring them.

I'm on to continent 4. I just had my first 24 hour timer for the 4th 'best' pick axe. There's still an increasing variety of monsters and blocks. I intend to check out the above tip about hearts in the blocks around monsters.

7. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Yeah, I like how the dungeons are designed and not just randomly generated. It's cool breaking a block and suddenly finding a narrow path branching off. I could probably get to continent 4 now but I'm OCD and breaking EVERY block. 0.0

8. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I can understand the desire to break every block, but personally I just smash all the good stuff and move on. I've even left monsters behind before. I do make sure to collect every special item and chest from each mine.

9. IHeartGamez

IHeartGamez New Member

Jun 26, 2014
    Artist
    San Francisco, CA
    Did you make sure you're connected to the internet? I got the same message and for some reason my WiFi was off.

10. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Just finished the game, having done every possible thing. Really enjoyed it, by far one of the best freemium games I've played on iOS. Fully explored every dungeon, crafted all items, killed every monster and found all relics. Unfortunately there's no replay value after this but I've had over a week of play and never once have I felt like I've hit a paywall.

Going to have to buy something just in support as I found it really generous - found enough diamonds through levelling to nearly max recharge time and level the other two once which is very unusual for F2P.

The gameplay isn't for everyone and people that despise the business model out of principal aren't going to come close to changing their mind but the more accepting player would be hard-pushed to find a friendlier and more enjoyable game of its style. Both Dwarven Den and Pocket Mine push IAPs far harder and are arguably less enjoyable.

I'd love for a sequel to be premium with a slightly more RPGish approach on the combat and a more in-depth crafting system. There's the groundwork of a fantastic game in this, with it reminding me of Dungelot at times. Some of the timers were slightly too long as by the time they were finished I'd moved to the next area and the item as no longer useful. I had no issue with the health system particularly, though it would be nice if the potions restored 20 health at least as early on it would be frustrating having to use one every turn against the stronger enemies.

11. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    No totally but I refuse to play any games with timers and I believe all the free games have them. I won't be dictated to when I can and cannot play. I'd much rather pay a price and then be able to play as much as I want.

12. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Enjoying this one quite a bit, thanks devs!

Agree with others that IAP should more clearly state cost.

All in all, I'm digging it quite a bit. :)

13. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Did max energy and regen rate get nerfed with update? I could swear I was at 300 energy and 30 sec regen with level 3 in both but now it's 240 and 40 secs. :(

14. Lunacy182

Lunacy182 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Yup. I noticed it too. I had 250 energy and 45 sec at level 2. Now it's 220 energy and 50 seconds.

15. carldec

carldec New Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Is there an ending to this? Got all weapons and exploreeall areas. Crafted the time thing but it didnt seem to do anything. Is there anything else to do?

16. Undaunted

Undaunted Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Same I appear to be done but don't see any true ending. Am I missing something?

17. Lunacy182

Lunacy182 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Might have bugged out. Mine gave me an end scene. Like the one in the beginning. Just talks about him returning home. Not much else. Then a congratulations screen saying there maybe more to do like collecting all the relics and stuff.

18. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Just beat this game. It was fun. Good times.

19. FerranMG

FerranMG Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    This is a pretty bullshit move.
    I just noticed that today.

I'll be updating my review to 1 star, because this should have been mentioned in the update change log, in a popup or somewhere.
    Not happy with this at all.

20. Ramenei

Ramenei New Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Bug

I noticed everyone posting about a change in upgrades. Yeah I got the same with an update where it brought me down from 250 to 240 energy.

Also I don't understand why my pickaxe of ice and fire has a total power of 7 and my pyrrhian axe has a power of 8 and yet it's takes one more energy to mine a fire or ice block? Make no sense to me.