Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-10-2014, 01:48 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.x

Default Second Wind not giving air boost?

Howdy folks,

Do any of you encounter a problem where your Second Wind ship doesn't actually give you a second wind? That is, it is supposed to give you one free air boost per dive, but it doesn't.

The thing is, it used to work (or at least, I think it did) Everytime I dive, I had 9 air boost. I would use a boost to prolong my dive, and I get a new boost for my next dive. Ah, the good ol' days *sniff* But I spent the air boost in one dive, and now the air boost counter is stuck at "6". I
Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Is it a case of IAP?
Old 09-10-2014, 05:07 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluless View Post
Howdy folks,

Do any of you encounter a problem where your Second Wind ship doesn't actually give you a second wind? That is, it is supposed to give you one free air boost per dive, but it doesn't.

The thing is, it used to work (or at least, I think it did) Everytime I dive, I had 9 air boost. I would use a boost to prolong my dive, and I get a new boost for my next dive. Ah, the good ol' days *sniff* But I spent the air boost in one dive, and now the air boost counter is stuck at "6". I
Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Is it a case of IAP?
Hmmm, this is odd. We'll have a look into this as it certainly sounds.....fishy (HO-HO-HO!). We'll let you know if we find anything / fix anything surrounding this.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:15 AM

Glad TRB4 got the loot OK As for selling some of this stuff...we're considering it but will mostly depend on how well the game does on Android and if it's worth the time to sort out as it takes up a fair bit of time getting merch sorted and we'd have to pay up front for a batch of stuff that we'd then have to help to sell later (or we'd be out of pocket).

Might do some digital versions of the posters at some point though as they're kinda done, just need re-sizing / watermarking

As some of you have already heard DJ Kenneth did a great job of remixing the theme recently too!! Great stuff and we'll be sharing the link on Twitter / Facebook later.

We're absolutely humbled that some of you lot have gone our of your way to submit ideas, create fan art and even remix our music. It's been a truly amazing to see a community come together and do stuff like this. THANK YOU!
Old 09-10-2014, 10:13 AM

Fun game, but please fix the freezing issue where you can't move and the only option is to end dive. It really screws up the goals where you have do something in a single dive.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
As some of you have already heard DJ Kenneth did a great job of remixing the theme recently too!! Great stuff and we'll be sharing the link on Twitter / Facebook later.
I'm just glad it turned out in a way that everyone enjoyed it.

Thanks for making such an awesome ( and addicting) game
Old 09-10-2014, 02:20 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterhunter View Post
Fun game, but please fix the freezing issue where you can't move and the only option is to end dive. It really screws up the goals where you have do something in a single dive.
That bug is really really irritating.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:48 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterhunter View Post
With me, I just wait it out. A minute, 3 minutes later, and my diver's able to swim around again.

Also, now I try to take a break, take a deep breath, walk around a bit after each dive. Originally, because this game is so addictive But I figured logging out of the game also improves the memory management and whatnot.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:44 PM

Yeah, the freeze bugs are a pain. The next update will squash loads of them though so hopefully this issue wont be as much of a problem after that

Auto-flip for rotating your device should also be working in the next update too along with tons of other fixes that should make the game a lot more solid all round (although most of which you probably wont notice).

Currently reworking the scaling stuff a bit so the game will choose the appropriate scale to display at depending on size of screen / resolution. This will not only help with the iPhone 6 / newer devices but will mean the Android version should look OK on the myriad of crazy resolutions it supports.

I'll post a more in-depth update on here once we've broken the back of the iOS update and are ready to submit!
Old 09-13-2014, 06:41 PM

(Figured it out!)

Looking forward to trying this on the iPhone 6

Last edited by turbolp; 09-13-2014 at 08:48 PM..