Earth Vs Moon update - What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lfg_ben, Jul 15, 2009.

1. lfg_ben

lfg_ben Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    We've started design on the first update for Earth Vs Moon, and I thought it would be fun to collect suggestions from our users. The update is going to be a mission pack (plus some other very cool stuff), it will continue the storyline where it leaves off at the end of the original game.

2. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    i would love to see a free mode type of gameplay. where you have like unlimited rockets you can shoot. but the levels also get really harder as you progress. also maybe a wave attack type of mode? where after every wave you get money and your allowed to buy upgrades. would love to see any of these two. XD if not oh well.XD

3. skylerolson

skylerolson Active Member

May 21, 2009
    I haven't checked it out yet. Is there a lite edition?

4. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I'd like a new icon, and is there any music? I can't
    remember.

5. X-Frame

X-Frame Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Let us upgrade the satellite's and possibly move them .. would that not work?

6. brttrx

brttrx Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Maybe some weapon upgrades that you have to unlock. More bosses that page homage to retro games (I'm sure you are already on top of that!).

And how about the ability to play as the Moon fleet? Ooooohh... Ahhhhh. :D

7. aleceiffel

aleceiffel Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    art supply buyer/artist
    Oregon
    yes, weapons upgrades...or maybe hard to hit targets that cause different weapon effects..

8. mrazzino

mrazzino New Member

Jul 15, 2009
    I would definitely like to see a more progressive game mode also. Story mode where you gain money to upgrade Earth's defenses - extra satellites, extra rockets on those hard to beat levels, some sort of screen cleaning bomb ability, etc. Of course make even harder levels since upgrades would make it easier! Love the game btw :)

9. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    +1, would love to play as the moon being invaded in retaliation by earth or even say as a whole new expansion...earth vs mars and they're invading us or vice versa

I also like the idea of being able to earn upgrades, powerups, replace, lost satellite, better missiles, etc

10. ZZMitch

ZZMitch Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Some kind of powerups would be cool.

11. lfg_ben

Jul 6, 2009
    These are all really good. I think you guys are going to be excited by what we're planning.

12. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I would like to see a price drop :)

13. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    definitely looking forward to it

lol, if you did do something from the alien's perspective, don't forget to put in their equivalent of a hula girl and pine tree deoderizer for the menu :p

14. lfg_ben

Jul 6, 2009
    I shudder to think what their hula girl equivalent would be. I'm picturing tentacles and a thong. Yuck.

15. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    lol, they have an astronaut bobblehead...or a "grey alien" bobble

heh, heh, but tentacles and thong, that's hilarious

16. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    I would like two small things;

a new better looking icon

names for highscores, so you can keep track of who set what highscore if you have multiple people playing on 1 iphone/ipod

also global highscores would be cool for Score Attack.

17. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Hmm, some kind of Slot Machine Boss. I don't know how it'd work, but I'd love to see it.

18. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    #18 cookiemonster, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
    let us defend the moon maybe? that would be cool. youd have to switch up the gameplay some how tho... in order to keep it fresh...

19. o.o

o.o Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Oh, and bring Emperor Noom back! I always feel sad when an epic super-villain is defeated. And he was... epic.

20. lfg_grace

lfg_grace Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Low Five Games - underling #1
    San Francisco, CA
    Hi everybody, I've hijacked TA duties from Ben so he can focus on development and getting the new update submitted to Apple. Ben mentioned some of the new perks which will be available in the next update in the Earth vs Moon! thread, but I'll repeat it here to see what you all think-

"It's all true. Earth Vs Moon is getting updated! Here's the plan: Your personal space capsule is getting a store. You'll earn money in the game by playing well, and be able to buy perks that increase the effectiveness of your missiles, along with a bunch of secondary weapons. The seconadry weapons will replace or augment the satellite shields.

We are also adding support for global leaderboards. So you can use all these new perks you bought, and figure out which combination of them breaks the game and lets you get the most points.

There will also be a few other things available in the store that will not have any practical use. Maybe you'll finally be able to afford to fix that leaky hose...

Also, people who buy the game before the update will start out with a decent chunk of game money."