Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-08-2014, 09:43 AM
iPad 2

Default Would You Punch a Pickle in the Face?

Punch a Pickle
Finally, technology has advanced to the point of being able to answer what is perhaps humanity's most important question; Would you punch a pickle in the face?

Who knew that pickles had faces? I'll tell you who. Me! And the first time I saw one I knew that I wanted to punch it right in that mug!

Experience that same drama and satisfaction as you unleash your briny fury for vicious combos! Climb and claw your way to the top of the leaderboards to become the world's foremost pickle pugilist!

Gameplay instructions:
  1. Punch a Pickle in the face.
  2. Repeat.

This, the full version of this masterpiece of entertainment, allows you to slap a sandwich, deck a doughnut, pound a cookie, and beat a burrito!

Don't delay! That pickle is not going to punch himself! Download it now!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Fish alan; 05-08-2014 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: error in youtube link
Old 05-08-2014, 10:25 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Lol, great title.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:21 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I wonder if Sanuku will be posting a gameplay video...
Old 05-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

That is a tough question, a gameplay video might convince me to punch that pickle!
Old 05-09-2014, 02:44 PM

Oh, is that what the kids are calling it these days? I used to call it "spank the monkey". Huh, to each their own I guess. Time to go "punch the pickle."
Old 05-10-2014, 06:01 PM
iPad 2

Gameplay video it is then. How about this for some pickle punching action!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 05-11-2014, 10:37 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hmmm. So it's a speed tap style of game. Thank you for showing the gameplay. Not my style of game, but I know there are leaderboard chasers that will be interested, as long as it has Gamecenter connectivity.

I have a couple of suggestions.

It looks as though (and I could be wrong) as you tap, all that happens is the feature you tap on expands 30-40% and then shrinks back. And that's it. I would be more interested in it, visually, if the sprite swapped to one that either showed a difference in expression as well, or that the face took on damage the more taps you manage to pull off.

Have you considered playing with the phrase, "I'm gonna rearrange your face!", perhaps as an extra mode? Meaning that each tap rotates the feature tapped by +/- 5-10%, and if you pass a certain number of taps, the entire feature set rotates.

You could also use that mode to set up "goal faces" that the tapper would be trying to match, although for that to work the rotation would have to be a set percentage and direction. The player could be scored at the end of the time limit based on how accurate they made the face. That would turn it from just a twitch, score chaser into a puzzle game.

Just some thoughts. If it were to take on a puzzle mechanic, it would be much more interesting to me.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:13 AM
iPad 2

Thanks for the feedback, Collin!

Sorry that it's not your cup of tea (or pickle juice, as the case may be). There are indeed GameCenter leaderboards for each of the punchable characters. Each also has its own movement style (and insults to anger you) to make gameplay different across the characters.

I like the ideas that you had. I'll tell you, I had a hard time getting this past the Apple review board, so showing things like incremental damage were taken out so that I could increase the odds of it being approved.

And the rearrange idea is intriguing, but I think it would make it a completely different game. Perhaps a sequel is in order. Hmmm.

Perhaps you might be interested in checking out a free version of the game? You can do so here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/punch-a-pickle/id870037884?ls=1&mt=8

Thanks again for the feedback. I really do appreciate hearing what people think of my work.

All the best,
Alan