iPhone Mutant Storm (Popular XBLA DSS, Published by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by NinthNinja, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
  2. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I was wondering if an iPhone/iPod version is still only at the "maybe" status, or if you guys have decided that there will be one for sure.

3. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
  4. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Everything is connected ;) We signed contracts with CMG.

Time scales to finish off the game would be around the end of May.

5. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    Well I guess we can announce that we are using Crescent Moon Games as the publisher.

We will look into the iPod/iPhone versions after the iPad release to evaluate whether the game will work on the small screen.

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wait... Does this mean CM will redo some if the graphics or gameplay elements?

7. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    No... The actual conversion of the game is handled by Ninth Ninja, working closely with Pompom Games. We just feel the game needs a dynamic publisher to push the game.

Mind, saying that Josh says he likes to do the App Store icons ;)

8. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Phew! I was a little worried there. Not to say that I don't like CMs graphical styles... But I absolutely LOVE the graphics from the preview vids+pics for this. Great to hear it'll still look like that... And that it'll still be published by a great publisher... Super psyched for this! (ready to replace Incoboto with Mutant Storm in my sig) =oP

9. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I was jumped by the news on Pocket Gamer UK.

Seriously, looking for beta tester? I am one of the beta-testers for Space Tripper and I did that for free... Drop me a line if the developer wants one.

10. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    No begging for beta testing plz. It is against the rules.

So many games are being published by CMG at the moment. And this game is gonna be awesome!

11. phattslagg

phattslagg Member

Oct 23, 2010
    iCade support = instabuy :)

I used to love this game on the pc, despite the fact it would never play for more than a few levels without crashing on two different machines I owned.

12. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    want to play this game NAO!!!!!!! cant wait for the release... ipad retina with 60 fps sign me up!

13. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    We intend to support a selection of hardware controllers.

Also, I have spent considerable time on the touch controls. I am pretty close to getting these on par with hardware analog pads - I keep constantly fine tuning two variables and their relationship together to get the mix ratios finely balanced. Once I am happy with the balance then a simple scale can be added so that we can offer a customisation from the menu screens so players can fine tune to their play style.

The principles are based around the idea of self centring the centre of the thumb pad. This means that you will never have to worry about where your thumb is and you will have instant movement feedback. So if you place your thumb down and travel all the way across the screen you only have to go left a little bit to change movement.

I think people will be surprised on how good touch works for these types of games done the right way. I have actually been impressed with how Jeff Minter explores the space of touch on iOS and have taken onboard his principles and improved an implementation of what he did on Minotron.

The release date is probably the end of May. Price - I'll let Josh announce all that but I would say there would be a launch sale... The usual Crescent Moon thing :)

14. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    The original version of Mutant Storm had no music but don't worry we intend to use the music from Mutant Storm Reloaded... You can hear the title music from the announcement video I did. The guy that does PomPoms music is James Drabble, a very talented musician.

15. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    Today we all made a start on the menus - design, style and such. A new logo has been designed which will look nice on the retina screen.

Anyway, after the Easter break I'm going to be hyper busy working on the new menu system. Any old hippies will love the effects I have planned ;)

16. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Out of curiosity, is there any chance this will be coming to iPhone/iPod Touches as well? Looks like an awesome game!

17. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    #57 NinthNinja, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    After the iPad release we will do some tests to see if it is viable.

On Crescent Moons Site the banner:

http://crescentmoongames.com/wordpress/mutant-storm/

Details need to be filled in... but the new logo is in the banner.

18. phattslagg

phattslagg Member

Oct 23, 2010
    I don't suppose we can hope for an update for Space Tripper to include iCade support, too, can we?

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    so... Evertales; the game didn't sell as well as the dev's wanted it to, so the game got ads in an update.

Raid Leader; the game didn't sell as well as the dev's wanted it to, so it got ads in yesterday's update.

Both published through CMG... if Mutant Storm doesn't sell as well as you want it to, can we expect to see ads in it?

20. NinthNinja

Jan 31, 2011
    That's really up to True Axis now, Mutant Storm is an entirely different project between companies.