Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-04-2012, 10:06 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Gone Insane is good for getting rid of a monster with a high die value and at least one high stat, which makes it difficult to kill otherwise. Whether there is a tie in the stats or the investigator wins in both stats, there is no die roll - both monster and investigator die immediately.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:17 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
Gone Insane is good for getting rid of a monster with a high die value and at least one high stat, which makes it difficult to kill otherwise. Whether there is a tie in the stats or the investigator wins in both stats, there is no die roll - both monster and investigator die immediately.
It just recently rolled out an update (auto-rotation and latest iOS support). It seemed like a slightly simplified Dungeon Solitaire but now since Dungeon Solitaire no longer exists (since Griptonite no longer exists) I guess it's its own thing.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:21 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
It just recently rolled out an update (auto-rotation and latest iOS support). It seemed like a slightly simplified Dungeon Solitaire but now since Dungeon Solitaire no longer exists (since Griptonite no longer exists) I guess it's its own thing.
I keep coming back to this game every so often. It just has such a great atmosphere and fantastic artwork. I hope someday the board game part of it makes it back in, but it's been so long now with no comments from the dev that I suspect that part has been abandoned.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:01 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Hmm I picked this up recently as somehow it passed me by before now and I love card games and dice so it seems like a win, but I just played my first game and had no clue what I was doing all the cards I played just seemed to be minus stats and I lost pretty quick,
Also is there something I'm missing as I just watched the appspy review and it looked like they were playing a board game?

Any tips appreciated, I'll play a few more games and see how it goes anyway as this is how I learned ascension
Old 04-09-2013, 05:03 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Hmm I picked this up recently as somehow it passed me by before now and I love card games and dice so it seems like a win, but I just played my first game and had no clue what I was doing all the cards I played just seemed to be minus stats and I lost pretty quick,
Also is there something I'm missing as I just watched the appspy review and it looked like they were playing a board game?

Any tips appreciated, I'll play a few more games and see how it goes anyway as this is how I learned ascension
There use to be more to the game with different phases going between the boardgame and the cardgame. Then they streamlined the game and did away with the boardgame portion, now all that's left is the cardgame which is the best part of the game.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:31 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post

Yeah while the idea of mixing in a board game component was neat, it was really poorly implemented and the game is now much better without it.

The game is just about playing agents against beasties and then comparing the two stats. If either one of you are better in both stats the battle is resolved instantly by the guy with better stats but if only better in 1 stat or even ties with 1 of the stats, there's a roll off.

This being the case I find it is really only important to focus on 1 of the stats for each of your agents so as to avoid situations in which you're totally dominated. As long as you tie in at least 1 stat and have a decent weapon to give you a nice bonus in roll offs, you'll do great.

Once you get the hang of it you're likely to win almost every game (not every fight, but the majority of them).

Also remember you don't HAVE to play most of those enemy modifying cards (sure they'll grant you a bonus if you can beat them with it, but likely best avoided in your initial games).