Universal Heroes and Castles 2 (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 13, 2015.

1. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Game of the year is here.

2. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    good to hear that, then i am sure to get this tonight !!!

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #23 Vovin, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015

Lol, nah, I wasn't intending to take your personal point of view away from it.
    The statement just sounded very unjustified to me, but indeed, tastes differ. ;)
    Still, I just hope Foursaken didn't botch the job.

4. TheBigBass

TheBigBass Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    It seems like they really took the time to make this the precious little gem that people expect it to be. They originally said it would be released in Dec/Jan, but spend an additional 4-5 months perfecting everything. I'm counting down the hours until the US release.

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #25 Vovin, May 13, 2015

I still can only judge after I've played it. Lots of game sequels claimed to be better, but lots of them were boring and didn't come close to the original game. I am excited, but holding back my personal hype level til it's justified to cheer.

6. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Anything wrong with the game is 100% the beta testers fault... :p

Seriously though, as always we'll be monitoring feedback for any thoughts, suggestions, criticisms, etc. I think this is what we would've wanted the first game to be if we had the experience to make it back then... so we're really hoping everyone else feels the same way!

7. Anyfox

Anyfox Well-Known Member

May 13, 2015
    How do you know Supported Devices?

8. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Were the beta testers testing the multiplayer modes as well? If not, can we expect some awesome inbalance issues that we can exploit early on? :p

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

I hope so! :)
    And blaming the beta testers is always a good idea. Well, there's at least the fact that you never disappointed me or let me down before - and I bought and own all of your games, except NY Zombies2 and Block Fortress: War, if I remember correctly.

10. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    Supported Devices:

• iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPhone5c
    • iPadFourthGen4G
    • iPhone5
    • iPhone4S
    • iPhone5s
    • iPhone6Plus
    • iPadMini4G
    • iPhone6
    • iPad2Wifi
    • iPadFourthGen
    • iPadThirdGen4G
    • iPad23G
    • iPadMini
    • iPhone4
    • iPadThirdGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

***WARNING: NOT RECOMMENDED FOR IPHONE 4!***

All of this information is right there, in the first post of this thread.

11. Anyfox

Anyfox Well-Known Member

May 13, 2015
    I see, but even the older devices are supported and it is very strange

12. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    How many game modes are there? It's mentioned in the description that there's the singleplayer campaign, the pvp mode and the co-op mode. What about endless waves mode, or the mode where you play as the "evil" side for singleplayer? Just wondering if those are in this game as well.

13. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    The game has very low poly 3D models plus, Foursaken Media developers always put a lot of work into optimizing their games.

14. Anyfox

Anyfox Well-Known Member

May 13, 2015
    Thank you so much for such quick answers

15. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Any 512 RAM device, except for iPhone 4 (it will run on an iPhone 4, but performance is too poor for us to officially support it). So, iPhone 4s+, iPad 2+, and iPod Touch 5 are the minimum requirements.

No one has played multiplayer yet except for us :p We have ELO style tiered auto matching and some nifty balancing in to keep players on an even keel and keeping it about skill, so hopefully there won't be too many imbalances :p But of course we'll be watching carefully to make sure... Though we did our best to test everything, there are just so many skill combinations that there very well could be some instances that are cheesy in multiplayer.

16. Myqpalzm

Myqpalzm Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Pamulang, Indonesia
    I'll try to post an iPhone 4 impression video soon :p

17. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Heh, pressure! :eek:

Thats actually one of the best parts about developing our own engine! We use some interesting techniques that you can't really get on a pre-made engine like Unity, which allows us do things like have 100+ fully 3d models up close and personal on screen at once, even on an iPad 2 class device. Granted, its taken us years to flesh out the technology, and we're still developing it, but we have a lot more flexibility this way :)

There is an endless mode once you beat the game. You cannot play as Evil currently... we would've had to develop for another couple of months for that. If the game does well enough, who knows what the future will bring ;)

18. Anyfox

Anyfox Well-Known Member

May 13, 2015

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Please put a disclaimer that we don't officially support that device! :p I think the fps will run in the teens...

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #40 Vovin, May 13, 2015

If you have such a flexible engine, why don't you sell licenses? Or do you?
    Well - on another thought, you also need to support those devs then, and that might keep you away from developing more games. "Hello, Foursaken Engine Support Line! How may I hel... oh no, not you again..."