Osmos and Osmos for iPad - NOW ONLY £0.69/$0.99!!!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by DelBoy2181, Sep 21, 2012.

1. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    One of the BEST chilled out games on iOS!

Osmos

Hemisphere Games
    ** Apple Design Award winner and iPad Game of the Year! ** Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, abs…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ** Apple Design Award winner and iPad Game of the Year! ** Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and grow—but beware of larger predators. Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic ambient soundtrack. Absorb or be absorbed! “The ultimate ambient experience” — Gizmodo “Beyond doubt, a work of genius" — GameAndPlayer.net THE CRUX: you must grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this delicate balance, Osmos leads the player through floating playgrounds, competitive petri dishes, deep solar systems, and more. “Named as iPad Game of the Year for a reason, Osmos is a fantastic game. A combination of physics, survival and classic eat em up” — WeDoCode “Whether you're a child at heart who likes mucking about with single-cell organisms, or a strategist with a physics degree, this game will appeal to everyone.” — App Store review AWARDS / recognition: * "iPad Game of the Year" and "iPhone App of the Week" — Apple * Apple Design Award winner (iPad version) * #1 Top iPhone Game — IGN * iPad Game of the Year — TUAW * Game of the Year — Create Digital Music * Editor's Choice — Wired, Macworld, IGN, GameTunnel, and more... * Best in Show — IndieCade * Vision Award — Independent Games Festival * Coolest Atmosphere — IGN * Best Soundtrack — IGN * Most Innovative Game — Best App Ever Awards, Pocket Gamer * Many top lists including Kotaku, PAX, TouchArcade, iLounge, APPera, IFC, and more... FEATURES: * 72 levels spanning 8 distinct worlds: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Repulsor, Impasse, Warped Chaos, and Epicycles. * Multiplayer! (more info below.) * Award-winning electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas, High Skies, Biosphere, Julien Neto, and more. * Endless replay value: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode. * Seamlesss multitouch controls: swipe to warp time, tap anywhere to eject mass, pinch to zoom… * Time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge. * Confront four distinct AI opponents: the Ovarium, the Biophobe, the Nemocyte… and the deadly Ferax. * 13 single-player and 15 multiplayer achievements. * Progress synced via iCloud. MULTIPLAYER * Play against your friends and enemies, locally (via wi-fi), or over the Internet. * 6 distinct Arenas: Ambient, Impasse, Solar, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and introducing… Antimatter Impasse. * iPad vs. iPhone play supported. “a beautiful, absorbing experience." — IGN 5/5 - Macworld Editor’s Choice - “One of the best games we’ve played so far this year. An utterly serene, yet fiendishly complicated game that deserves a place in every iPad owners collection.” — MacWorld “The best iPad game yet.” — IGN 4/4, Must Have - “We are more than overwhelmed by Osmos for iPad… The game design is thoughtful and intuitive, new level structures are flawless, and the visuals are stunning yet simplistic… every iPad owner should have Osmos on their device. You just won’t find another experience quite like it.” — Slide To Play “What iPad Gaming Should Be All About” — Gizmodo “The first proper breakout hit for the iPad. Osmos feels so natural and enjoyable to play, even when the difficulty ramps up and you find yourself repeatedly careening into a giant gaseous enemy.” — Wired “It’s the best iPad game on the App Store” — MTV Multiplayer 5/5 - “Osmos is an absolute must that will change the way you think of games, and what you expect from them.” — AppAdvice “Beyond doubt, a work of genius... a relaxing, meditative experience about going with the flow... It all adds up to something otherworldly and just . . . incredible.” — GameAndPlayer.net
    Information
    Seller:Hemisphere Games
    Genre:Arcade, Puzzle, Simulation
    Release:Aug 05, 2010
    Updated:Apr 01, 2024
    Version:2.6.1
    Size:44.6 MB
    User Rating: (8)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

AND

Osmos for iPad

Hemisphere Games
    ** Apple Design Award winner and iPad Game of the Year! ** Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, abs…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ** Apple Design Award winner and iPad Game of the Year! ** Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and grow—but beware of larger predators. Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic ambient soundtrack. Absorb or be absorbed! “The ultimate ambient experience” — Gizmodo “The best iPad game yet.” — IGN THE CRUX: you must grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this delicate balance, Osmos leads the player through floating playgrounds, competitive petri dishes, deep solar systems, and more. “Named as iPad Game of the Year for a reason, Osmos is a fantastic game. A combination of physics, survival and classic eat em up” — WeDoCode “Whether you're a child at heart who likes mucking about with single-cell organisms, or a strategist with a physics degree, this game will appeal to everyone.” — App Store review AWARDS / recognition: * "iPad Game of the Year" and "App of the Week" — Apple * Apple Design Award winner * #1 Top iPhone Game — IGN * iPad Game of the Year — TUAW * Game of the Year — Create Digital Music * Editor's Choice — Wired, Macworld, IGN, GameTunnel, and more... * Best in Show — IndieCade * Vision Award — Independent Games Festival * Coolest Atmosphere — IGN * Best Soundtrack — IGN * Most Innovative Game — Best App Ever Awards, Pocket Gamer * Many top lists including Kotaku, PAX, TouchArcade, iLounge, APPera, IFC, and more... FEATURES: * 72 levels spanning 8 distinct worlds: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Repulsor, Impasse, Warped Chaos, and Epicycles. * Multiplayer! (more info below.) * Endless replay value: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode. * Award-winning electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas, High Skies, Biosphere, Julien Neto, and more. * Seamlesss multitouch controls: swipe to warp time, tap anywhere to eject mass, pinch to zoom… * Time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge. * Confront four distinct AI opponents: the Ovarium, the Biophobe, the Nemocyte… and the deadly Ferax. * 13 single-player and 15 multiplayer achievements. * Progress synced via iCloud. MULTIPLAYER * Play against your friends and enemies, locally (via wi-fi), or over the Internet! * 6 distinct Arenas: Ambient, Impasse, Solar, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and introducing… Antimatter Impasse. * iPad vs. iPhone play supported. “a beautiful, absorbing experience." — IGN “What iPad Gaming Should Be All About” — Gizmodo 5/5 - Macworld Editor’s Choice - “One of the best games we’ve played so far this year. An utterly serene, yet fiendishly complicated game that deserves a place in every iPad owners collection.” — MacWorld 4/4, Must Have - “We are more than overwhelmed by Osmos for iPad… The game design is thoughtful and intuitive, new level structures are flawless, and the visuals are stunning yet simplistic… every iPad owner should have Osmos on their device. You just won’t find another experience quite like it.” — Slide To Play “Osmos HD is THE game for the iPad.” — Pocket Lint “It’s the best iPad game on the App Store” — MTV Multiplayer “The first proper breakout hit for the iPad. Osmos feels so natural and enjoyable to play, even when the difficulty ramps up and you find yourself repeatedly careening into a giant gaseous enemy.” — Wired 5/5 - “Osmos is an absolute must that will change the way you think of games, and what you expect from them.” — AppAdvice “Beyond doubt, a work of genius... a relaxing, meditative experience about going with the flow... It all adds up to something otherworldly and just . . . incredible.” — GameAndPlayer.net
    Information
    Seller:Hemisphere Games
    Genre:Arcade, Puzzle, Simulation
    Release:Jul 08, 2010
    Updated:Apr 01, 2024
    Version:2.6.1
    Size:44.6 MB
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Yeah, really fun games, try playing it on your iphone vs a friend on your ipad bluetooth, it is a lot of fun. Ipad version though is a ton better than the iphone version. Very highly recommended!

3. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    It might not look like much from the screen shots, but this is one of the truly outstanding original games on the iOS. Not often on sale, either.

4. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    One of the first games I loaded onto an iDevice, and likely one of the last to leave.

iPhone version is great, iPad even better.

It really is a unique, chilled out experience, while also being a game, thus challenging as well...

You should get it!

DBC

5. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    What's the main difference between the iPhone vs iPad version aside from the obvious larger screen size? Would playing the iPhone version on the iPad be about the same?

I usually prefer iPhone versions usually cause I take my iPod touch everywhere...

6. I loaded up the iphone version on my ipad, and while remarkably good for an 2x game, it just doesn't compare to the ipad version. Mainly it's the added real estate, but since it is new ipad retina, the screen is just so much better looking than iphone retina.

The gameplay feels a lot different. Since this is an arena game, it makes a big difference in having the extra space, and it does make controls easier. When it was on my iphone, I didn't play all that much, but now that it's on my ipad, I play it more frequently.

Also, since I play mostly with a stylus (this game is perfect for it), it makes playing on the ipad much more pleasurable.

Since you have both an ipad and iphone I think, I would probably recommend the hd one, but another good feature is the bluetooth multiplayer, so you can play with your friend by giving them your ipad or iphone, and playing them with your other ios device.

Heck since they are both 99 cents, you might as well buy both. But if I had to choose, I would definitely pick the ipad version over the iphone version, this game really plays so much better on an ipad. With a small screen, while the game itself is about the same, controlling is hard because of the precise pressing that is required. In the ipad, it seems so natural to move, on the iphone, it just seems a little clunkier.

7. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    What's the installed size? Hoping it's under 50mb or so.

8. Sd 28 mb
    Hd 31 md

Both very small which helps alot.

9. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Thanks! I'm going to be picking this one up, then.

10. phrenik

phrenik Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Nurse
    City of Coffee
    You guys sold me! Bought.

11. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Grabbing the HD one. I had heard a lot about this game but never ended up picking it up

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. Picked up the HD version and played it a few minutes. Pretty fun and controls better than on the PC. Looking forward to slowly progressing.

13. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Another Classic is on sale!

If you don't have Osmos already on your device, download it now!

14. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Sale!:) my friends...

15. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I first played Osmos on my ASUS netbook and was amazing! Totally original and has that "just one more try" feeling, and without being a twitch game, but it still keeps you on your toes and strategizing to meet the level conditions.

16. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

On sale again! Was $€2.99/4.99 before.

17. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Had on my iPhone for ever but going to pick up the HD version at this price for my iPad as its an awesome and relaxing game

18. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    On sale again, classic stuff right here!:D

19. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

On sale again!