GameClub Aralon: Sword and Shadow (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Love reading opinions from people who haven't actually played it, and ignore those who have no major issues.

2. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    And for me, who bought it ... put it aside and hope they do something more.
    I love CM games, but after few plays with this one I find myself wondering why did I buy it.

.... Naaaaaaaaa. It has some issues but it is still a lovely game ;D and they will iron things out at cm!

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    With some of the 2G purchasers having crashing problems, I had a question for the devs. Is the SD version going to be a completely separate product that we'll have to purchase again if we're having problems? If so, I'll hold off on getting this.

4. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Ditto. As a tried and tested PC gamer, I am willing to buy it now even if it has slow-downs/crashes on 2G, as long as I can be sure that if I actually run into a gamestopper, I won't have to buy a whole different version of the game, but just wait for fixes. Also, IIRC they want to raise the price - would it also apply to the SD version, which can only come after the Apple Christmas shut-down?

5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Tested through 2.1 with no issues so far...
    Hopefully get this submitted today!

6. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    What fixed does 2.1 have?

7. Metalhead980

Metalhead980 Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I play the game on a 3GS on medium settings. The stability is decent and besides the MMOrpg ish combat and wonky targeting system i kinda like the game. I do wish the developers went a more oblivion style skill system over this wannabe world of Warcraft talent tree system (with stolen icons included) but I van live with it. Hopefully stability and UI issues players have will be corrected in future updates. If I had to rate the App right now it would get a 3 out of 5.

8. EpicAtheist

EpicAtheist Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Works okay on old devices?

9. NothingLikeSleep

NothingLikeSleep Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Stalker of the night
    The badlands
    #509 NothingLikeSleep, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    I play this game on high settings and it's the shit. Reminds me of gothic. It's basic, you know, most peoples houses have the same table and chair. If I was cm I would add details, very little details like paintings, coat racks, chess sets, you know what I told you to add before the game was submitted. Controls are decent, combat is damn good y'all. When I see badies out on the roads they just stand there? Like WTF are they doing there? Should have added camp fires, tents. Badies have needs to. Sometime the sky line/ draw distance does some crazy shit but it's okay. There is a city rockin lots of npcs. Shops are everywhere and you can get in them like but sex. I'm still figuring on the game so more shit to come.

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Care to elaborate?

11. ZeroAT

ZeroAT Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    VERY NICE GAME!

I rate it 9/10. :)

12. Bramsey89

Bramsey89 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    *Walk in first dungeon*

*Get my ass handed to me*

Yes! Thank god. An actual game with difficulty.

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

LOL? Can you explain this saying? :)

14. Madscotsman

Madscotsman Member

May 12, 2009
    Device Technician
    Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.
    Very common expression. Basically he is saying that he took a severe beating :)

15. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

Let me say first of all, I am enjoying my time with this game. Frame rate is mostly perfect (strangely, some weird hiccups in caves for me but flawless outside, when normally it would be the other way around,) controls are generally good, combat feels meaty and satisfying. I am enjoying the exploration and progressing through the skills thus far.

I think the best way I can describe this game is: a very good MMORPG...without the MMO. And therein lies the problem, from my perspective. I constantly catch myself thinking in MMORPG terms, then immediately feeling the letdown of realizing that isn't happening. Doesn't the rogue look like a great PvP class? Or the ranger? How would they fare against the warrior, and does the mage have a fighting chance? Obviously, we'll never know. I know that in a way thinking of this game in such a manner isn't wholly fair, but damn, it PLAYS so much like a MMORPG, how can one not?

In my experience, good MMORPGS make poor single player games. I'm not sure to what extent this will hold true here; I've played for a couple of hours so far and have still not felt myself begin to lose interest. I do know though, however good this game turns out to be in the end, it will be a pale shadow of its potential in a multiplayer context. Don't know if that's a backhanded compliment, or a forehanded(?) put down, but that's how I feel about it.

16. oblivionrpg

oblivionrpg Active Member

Nov 29, 2010
    That a gnome kicked his ass =D

17. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    I know the Developers are watching, and think it was mentiod before.
    I'm playing this on the Ipad and love it, but I am really annoyed with the
    tiny screens for inventory etc.. it's hard to read everything.
    will this be fixed?

18. ZeroAT

ZeroAT Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010

Hopefully :)

How do i get a horse?

19. trpajzlix

trpajzlix New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Why?

Why it doesnt support iPhone 3G?!!!!!!!!
    There should be some settings like turn off shadows, clouds, worse graphics or something like that.
    Do you think they will update it???? - to support 2nd generation?????

20. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    it does, to a certain extent.
    and yes we are going to work on the iPad inventory.
    First we have to get the bugfix update out!