Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Dont sell it!!!! Lol
    IOS gaming looks dry at least for the time being, put Inotia down and get Disgaea or Dungeon Hunter lol!
    Anyone seen the Black Ops 2 trailer-says PS3 Xbox and PC so no news on what Cod will be for Vita-just hope its not a rehash of an old game...
    MK out here in Eu on Fri cant wait-love how the Fatalities can be done using screen swipes as i suck at button combos-Freddy Kruegar FTW! Lol
    Everyone here getting Resistance too? Arent even bothered about Nova 3 coming out because of Resistance, just hope it has a good online :D

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I kind of Hope BO2 is comming to the vita and that they don't try and make an not so good mobile game.

Also, BO2 finally looks like there are some bigger changes to the gameplay than just new maps and guns

3. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been saving up just from races and holding off on buying upgrades just so I could go in and make one mass purchase and this is definitely helping! I think I started and had about 4,000 before this, but after the VIP bug, I'm up to about 8 or 9 now.

Also, does anyone know what the Devil mode does? From what I can tell, it's almost like a virus in that you acquire it when you race a ghost or another person that has it. It just appears to change up the menu (and changes the background to a really hot pic of Reiko).

I'm on the Trychor (sp?) Alliance team. I want to actually switch to the 4th place team to help them out. Maybe after I get enough credits for all the upgrades I'll do that.

4. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Anyone interested in 60 minutes of Skype Credit. I got a promo from sony and I have no use for it. My only request is that you will put it to good use :)

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    LOL I already beat DH:A well with my war I did, I might be tired of it already though :(

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

7. Persona 4 Golden will be released in the US this fall. Purchase of Vita has been justified yet again.

8. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I posted a rewrite on my site to make it a little friendlier to understand a week or so ago, it got buried under other posts, but thanks for sharing again, it is pretty nice when it works :) Also, my page includes the bookmarklet for Dailymotion.

http://dezign999.com/vita

9. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#1630 Der-Kleine, May 2, 2012
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
    I made a video of how to do it...

10. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Well, I just set up my Vita and bought Uncharted. I will probably also buy the digital copy of Mortal Kombat (I can't find the physical copy anywhere around here). My PSN name is BenjaminPiles. Feel free to add me if you want.

11. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Downloaded MK last night, and I see what people are saying about the models not looking as impressive as they "could" be on the vita. With all thats going on, X-rays, and the like - I want to say the choice was made by the developers, and its not a shortcoming of the hardware itself. The devs seem to be hellbent on maintaining a constant 60 fps, which unfortunately has put limits on the visuals.

All things aside, I haven't played MK in years, and this version is a very good time to jump back in. Theres really a lot to learn and do, well worth the price of admission.

12. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Welcome to the club :) I'll send you an friend request later on tonight. PS you must must pick up super star dust delta that game is amazing. I literally only played that for the first entire week I had my vita

I'm gona download MK in the next few days but we should get a mini TA tournament going for some bragging rights :)

13. Restodrood

Restodrood Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I've been having a good time with MK. I'm just worried my Vita is getting a beating with all that button mashing :p

It's still a lot of fun and don't regret buying it at all

14. mashead2000

Yeah defo set a tournament up ;)

Just downloading a free game called Froshiba-anyone seen it? Dunno what it is but hey its free lol

15. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Has anyone downloaded the PSP version of NBA 2K12? I was thinking of getting it, but would like to hear some impressions.

16. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    combo system in MK is pretty crazy. I've noticed that there is a bit of a buffer system in place that will allow you to cancel animation on moves that normally won't let you string specials after.

17. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Kinda jealous Mk isn't in the UK but I don't think I can justify another game this month anyway, I think I'm going to limit myself to one a month and when the genres I'm missing start to get filled in I'll probably stop for a while.

Been playing Disgaea 3 quite a lot, mostly just leveling in the item world so far trying to build up the main characters a bit, my strategy is usually spend a good bit of time just leveling straight away and then notch the enemys strength up so I can get some faster level gains and better equipment for the main story.

18. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    What's that game about then? I looked but couldn't be bothered with the download lol. Not really had much time for my Vita recently but I'm still glad I bought it. Looking forward to Foosball & Resistance.

19. mashead2000

Its a bit like Warioware where theres loads of none stop mini games to complete as fast as possible-pretty good for free but sadly no trophies :(