Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-23-2013, 07:38 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

An update should hopefully fix some of the issues (if the dev does listen), to be fair we should write our feedback and email them (they've been quick to reply in the past).

I think it has the makings of the best 'player manager' style game there is on the app store

I had a lucky run in the Championship to win the cup (had some easy opponents, none of the 'big name teams' were in the semi's or final) so i've made it into the Europa league which is good.

So i'm loving all the variety of the cups in this game, as theres promotions etc i can just keep playing this forever. In Dream League soccer i won the 'triple/quadruple' most seasons, against the First Touch dream team (After you win the main cup) that was quite tricky.

But i can imagine it'll be some time till i win the champions league/premiership in this (which is good) as it would be boring if you won it every season. I think i'll now delete dream league soccer to free up some space (played over 500 games !), feel bad for deleting it but i havent touched it since this came out.

But if they could fix the training issues in the premiership (when suddenly none of the players go up in skills when they did tons in the division below) and also put 'honest' skills on opposing teams, eg Arsenal should all be 90 90 90 etc rather than 78 82 83 as skills it could be great. Part of me thinks teams are so much better than they should be as they want you to buy IAP's to buy new players (rather than train your own up to 95 95 95 etc as that doesnt seem to do much anymore?) but i'm hoping i'm being a bit paranoid. But the way none of my players really go up much in the premiership makes me think thats true more and more.

Last edited by psj3809; 09-23-2013 at 07:41 AM..
Old 09-23-2013, 07:43 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Dream league soccer is much more easier compare to this. I am having hard time due I am in primer league. My best win is 5 - 0 but during Dream league soccer I score 10 - 0 against First touch dream team. The AI of this first touch 2014 is so much more harder and godlike. And there is so much bugs as well. I really hope they really fixed all this problem....
Old 09-23-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskhay View Post
Dream league soccer is much more easier compare to this. I am having hard time due I am in primer league. My best win is 5 - 0 but during Dream league soccer I score 10 - 0 against First touch dream team. The AI of this first touch 2014 is so much more harder and godlike. And there is so much bugs as well. I really hope they really fixed all this problem....
But making the game is much harder is better isnt it ?

Dream League was great but it got boring that i went through every season unbeaten, got to the point where i was trying to go through the season without allowing a goal (allowed just 2 goals one season). But winning every game 10-0 or so its just boring.

There are some issues with this game but making it more difficult is one of the best things. I mean you hardly see any games more than 5-0 in any top division, a 7-0 + game is very rare.

Yesterday i had a few 1-0, 2-1 wins, then shocked an undefeated team in the premiership 2-0 which was pretty good.

But Dream League Soccer was way too easy, granted this ones the opposite but its much more challenging and fun.

Saying that i thought i was good (hadnt lost to the computer in ages), played against someone online and realised how bad i was compared to some people !
Old 09-23-2013, 09:00 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Harder is good because it is not challenging but at least repair the bugs/tweaks.
We are playing against a godlike AI and we are playing with bugs.It is almost impossible to score beyond 5 - 0. And my highest is 8 - 0. Still haven't lost or draw yet but it still sucks. I still haven't have a game match with Real Madrid Or Barcelona yet. But if I have a match with them, I think I might lose for now due to the bugs/tweaks.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:12 AM
iPhone 4

can we remove the annoying ad? if I buy the full pack?
Old 09-28-2013, 12:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluber77 View Post
can we remove the annoying ad? if I buy the full pack?
yes and unlock it
Old 09-29-2013, 01:59 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

First off, Im not a huge soccer buff. I do not care much if the player data is accurate, I just love to play some virtual soccer every now and then.

That being said, Ive downloaded both, this one and Fifa 14, and ended up buying FTS 2014.

This is why I think FTS 2014 takes the edge:

- Does not take up that much space
- Controls are more simple
- Camera Angles are better (in my opinion)
- Whole Gameplay is more smooth
- Great Editor allowing to import and change Team Logos, Names and Trikots.

Yes, FTS 2014 does not have Online Multiplayer yet, but when they decide to come up with it, I hope they will do it right. Try playing a match in Fifa 14 - its laggy as hell. So yeah, sorry EA, not this time.

Last edited by tblrsa; 09-29-2013 at 02:05 AM..
Old 09-29-2013, 05:58 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I tried FIFA 14 and First Touch Soccer 2014 and my opinion is that I like the pace and gameplay of FTS way more. But, no online multiplayer? why?

If I buy credits to unlock the VIP mode, and I delete the game, will be able to unlock it later if I reinstall without paying again? (sorry if this have been already asked before!)

Last edited by Drakeer Melkhor; 09-29-2013 at 06:15 PM..
Old 09-30-2013, 12:10 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeer Melkhor View Post
I tried FIFA 14 and First Touch Soccer 2014 and my opinion is that I like the pace and gameplay of FTS way more. But, no online multiplayer? why?

If I buy credits to unlock the VIP mode, and I delete the game, will be able to unlock it later if I reinstall without paying again? (sorry if this have been already asked before!)
multiplayer is coming soon

and yes your UDID code is saved into game if you check settings of game
Old 09-30-2013, 02:50 AM

I'm enjoying this despite having a fair few issues. Firstly i'm now in the premiership, 8 games to go, i'm 4th so i'm in the champions league qualifying section at the moment, hope i can hang on. In the quarter finals of the 'UEFA cup' and also still in the FA Cup.

I'm loving the fact that i could keep playing forever as it doesnt end. However!....

Other teams ratings are a joke, i play Arsenal who are mostly late 70's with a few 80's. I would prefer it just to say 91 92 95 for their skills. As you play a top premiership team and they play like Brazil knocking the ball all over and hardly being able to get it. Yet their skills are '78 78 81...' etc !

Training players in the premiership hardly does anything, tip - train them like crazy in the championship for sure as in the premiership despite top coaches it hardly does anything

Might drive some people mad but i would like it if players retired after a few years perhaps, or their age went up so when they hit mid 30's their skills decline.

All time stats would be great of former players so i can see who my best ever goalscorer was or player with the most caps.

Still enjoying the game a lot and its a big improvement over Dream League Soccer (which i loved). Its 'close' to the perfect franchise game i'm after, on the Amiga many years back was a game called 'Player Manager' which was great. Would love it to be like that, (players slowed down/retired etc)

Saying that i just emailed them - support@firsttouchgames.com , no point moaning here about it. Suggest others do the same

Last edited by psj3809; 09-30-2013 at 02:55 AM..