Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-23-2014, 08:46 AM

Some tutorial for fishing? what I have to do? When I start I get the fish after 10 seconds but then I lost them (!
Old 08-23-2014, 02:17 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Had beat the game while ago and delete the game. I still have the saved game in iCloud, is the new content worth to reinstall the game? Too many games I'm playing right now
Old 08-23-2014, 11:34 PM

Only just got started on this game but enjoying it so far. Loving the visuals, so rich and colorful.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:54 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by tognesimo View Post
Some tutorial for fishing? what I have to do? When I start I get the fish after 10 seconds but then I lost them (!
Not too difficult...except for the boss electrical fish, OMG that was tough...I pretty much lost all my hearts just bring him I . Basically when the fish left, slide your pole to the right and and when he moves the other direction, just try to pull the fish to the other side.

Anyways, just finished the game. Ah man, oceanhorn is amazing. Really feels like I could have been playing this on my xbox 360...music, graphics, gameplay...has that console quality feel. Great game. Can't wait for a 2nd game...if they are making a part II
Old 08-24-2014, 03:24 AM

I bought this game the moment it was launched, but didn't play it until today. Don't ask. Anyway, got to Tikarel Island and got plain old stumped when it seemed like there was no way to explore the island - finally got frustrated enough to pull up a walk through. Oh, I'm supposed to 'just know' that I should merrily ignore the island and continue on my way? Is this an example of how the gameplay is in general? If so, I'll just delete it now. I don't need to be led around by the nose, but that is just foul game design - period. Is it just me?
Old 08-24-2014, 09:33 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibosh View Post
I bought this game the moment it was launched, but didn't play it until today. Don't ask. Anyway, got to Tikarel Island and got plain old stumped when it seemed like there was no way to explore the island - finally got frustrated enough to pull up a walk through. Oh, I'm supposed to 'just know' that I should merrily ignore the island and continue on my way? Is this an example of how the gameplay is in general? If so, I'll just delete it now. I don't need to be led around by the nose, but that is just foul game design - period. Is it just me?
IDK, I never felt the need to use a walkthrough ever in this game. I got to an Island and when I got to a spot I realized I couldn't access yet, I explored the rest of the Island and see what I could do then move on. It was pretty evident from Hermit Island there are going to be spots I won't reach until later. That's what the game is all about, exploring and gaining new abilities and unfolding the story along the way with cool boss fights and excellent gameplay. When you access the map it shows the percentage of the Island that still needs to be explored, so remember here and there and move on to new islands and explore and so on. It's an excellent way for the game to unfold and makes you want to keep going. Kind of like the Metroid, Castlvania, Shadow Complex (Xbox 360) games where you have to go back when you get new abilities. Doesn't hold your hand and there's no clear one path, you can go about it different ways, but as it unfolds there really was never a time I thought it was too tough or I couldn't figure it out.

Oceanhorn doesn't tend to hold your hand as much as other games and doesn't put you on a linear path. The game is about exploring and unlocking abilities and figuring things out on your own to unfold the story how you want to do it...it really isn't that tough to figure out as you progress further in. I would just keep at it and throw away those walkthroughs, they usually ruin the fun of the game in games like this one.

Last edited by jeffyg3; 08-24-2014 at 09:36 AM..
Old 08-24-2014, 08:51 PM

Okay, I guess my issue is that it felt a little clunky in the way they introduced the game mechanic, I certainly enjoyed Shadow Complex as an example of a similar style of non linear exploration. I just wish one single villager would have hinted to me that I should move along and then come back to explore the island more later on, due to the strange style of the game world it felt like it must be my fault I wasn't able to progress.