Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-26-2013, 08:31 AM

Default ShowStopper Basketball - (by Mobage, Inc.) [Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 05-26-2013, 12:43 PM
iPhone 4S

let me preface this by saying I hate Mobage. If you look up the word "Freemium" in the dictionary it will say, see: Mobage

they're the EA/Zynga of mobile gaming.. that being said, I am pleasantly surprised to see this thread made

a little background.. for the past month or so, i discovered a game ON FACEBOOK called.. you guessed it, Showstopper Basketball

it was amazing! to those who have not played it.. it's basically STRATEGY BASKETBALL! yup. it's not arcade at all but rather more of a strategy game

i loved it.. played it.. still play it occassionally.. problem with the facebook game is that it was .. confusing. there was no tutorial. no help. shoddy AI.. but regardless, IT WAS FUN.

imagine my shocked amazement to find this thread here.. an iphone port?! was the fb just a testing ground of sorts to fine tune this game? i instantly downloaded it and tried it and i can say..

this game is 100,000% better on mobile than the iphone game no other word for me to describe it other than it's more finely tuned. the ai is better. the flow is better. the way your "cards" level-up is better..

ie: in the fb game you had to allocate your own points.. without a clue what you're allocating it to since the stats have no description! lol but in the mobile game, level-up happens automatically and stats allocate automatically

all i can say is there is no other game in the iphone that is like this..

sports meet strategy in a fun game

try it but i warn you. you might get hooked this has a permaplace on my iphone

keep up the great job CloudStudio! loving this and definitely going to $upport it
Old 10-30-2013, 09:26 AM

Really Good games for basket ball fans. Don't really need to spend any money to enjoy the game. Must try.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:52 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Sounds cool, but I went to play it and it crashes every tipoff, even though it still charges the energy for the game. And looking at the reviews on iTunes, I'm far from the only one that is having that problem. Does this actually WORK for anyone?
Old 11-08-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Sounds cool, but I went to play it and it crashes every tipoff, even though it still charges the energy for the game. And looking at the reviews on iTunes, I'm far from the only one that is having that problem. Does this actually WORK for anyone?
Works on iPod and iPad Only. iPhone version crashes everytime you start the game
Old 11-08-2013, 09:35 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Comfirm crashed on my iphone 5 ios7
Old 11-08-2013, 09:38 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by stohay3 View Post
Works on iPod and iPad Only. iPhone version crashes everytime you start the game
Yeah, it works fine on my iPad 4. Just as well, since it would probably be a bit scrunched on my iPhone. Sweet game, though. I've been looking for an iOS game that has that "Blitzball" vibe to it, and this game plays just like that, minus being underwater and having super moves, of course.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:06 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Just want to say that the newest version works on my iPhone 5c.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:46 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Waiting for next update version, hope it done soon.