Universal Carcassonne - 2011 TouchArcade GOTY Runner Up! [Expansion Packs Out]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VeganTnT, Jun 4, 2010.

1. airhead3

airhead3 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I've experienced the zero timer bug in my first quick match - my opponent's clock counted down to zero and stayed there (in red) for 10 seconds before they actually moved - game continued on. Later in the game, not feeling rushed because (obviously) the game doesn't end when the clock hits zero, I immediately lost when it hit zero... :mad:

I've been loving the friend-based asynchronous multiplayer. I'd love to have that available for random matches. (Maybe 24 hour limit, but certainly not the 90 seconds!)

2. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    It's a shame there doesn't seem to be any support for this game on here yet, the dev's are difficult to reach so far.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Quick matches with randoms are just that, quick matches. I don't want to spend days at a time playing a random person and having a time limit is a good way to know I can actually sit down and play a random person and actually complete a game in one sitting (assuming the game doesn't glitch on me and make me lose).

Now what they should do is add an option that lets you save random players to your friends list if you have a good game with them and wish to play them again. The last quick game I had I wish I had their information to add them because it was a good game and they were very friendly.

Difficult to reach? Check out their Twitter which is updated constantly. ;)

http://twitter.com/carcassonneapp

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I certainly wouldn't argue against special effects (which may be a better description) being optional.

On a different note, is anyone here interested in playing Friends games with fellow TA folks? You can send me an invite to: [email protected]

If you want to play Friends games but don't want to give out your email address, you can create a new one at gmail, yahoo or whatever free email service. That's what I did with the above email address.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm starting to think the main thing I'd like them to do is to add a chat lobby/rooms for finding friends to play games with. I greatly, greatly prefer the "Play with Friends" form of play, but not enough of my friends have the game and are willing to play that way. So having a chat lobby where people could find others to play with who want to play in that format, and which would also give you a way to complain to them if they disappear mid-game, thus discouraging them doing that... that would by far be the best enhancement possible.

6. Chops420

Chops420 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I'd like them to fix the damm multiplayer - it's quite broken for me right now. I've finished 1 out of my last 8 games with one of the above mentioned errors. I don't really want to leave a shit review for them but online is broken.

7. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    This is why they need to add an option that lets you add people you play in a quick game to you friends list. I've run into a number of friendly people playing quick play but as Chops said they do need to work out some issues with the quick play. I've only encountered it once myself but it is enough to truly piss you off. I'm going to contact them now about the issue and see what they say. :D

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    What multiplayer errors? I haven't experienced any obvious problems. Are we talking about Quick Play or Friends play? Chops - we have a game set up and ready to go, but you don't seem to have actually started the game. Is the game dead from your side? I was wondering why you hadn't started it.

In terms of Quick Play, I did have one person drop out, but I presume they just dropped out. All my other Quick Play games have been smooth as butter. In Friends play, I do have a bunch of games where the other play seems not to be taking their turn, but I don't know why that's the case. I was presuming they just haven't taken their turn. Not the case? I currently have 4 games that seem to be progressing OK, albeit slowly, and one game I completed. I have two games where the other player has not taken the first turn, although the game was "started". And the one hanging invite where Chops hasn't started the game.

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Perhaps on a related note, the devs posted on their twitter feed:

Perhaps worth a shot? I just went through all my above noted games that could potentially be stuck and entered that. Maybe both sides have to do this? Maybe it's voodoo? I don't know.

10. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I've had a couple people drop out of Quick Play games and another game I had a pretty annoying bug. It was the other players turn and their timer counted down to zero. I figured I won because they failed to make their move so I kept waiting for a message to pop. Eventually it came up saying I lost because I failed to make the move when it was the other player who didn't seem to be doing anything.

We seemed to have a bit of trouble getting our game going but everything seems fine now. *crosses fingers*

11. Drucifer

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Meeple gummies!! I saw this posted on the Carcassonne App Twitter site and thought it would be worth posting here:

:D

[​IMG]

12. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Aw, those are cute. Do they have Gelatin, though? :(

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Version 1.2 is out

New "it's your turn somewhere else" indicator
    better scrolling and last turn visibility
    more retina display assets
    optional ingame clock

lots of bug fixes

14. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    so, I'm just wondering when the Hunters and Gatherers expansion will be added. That was the best version in my opinion, and even though this one is good, I would easily pay money for HaG. Hopefully it will come soon!

15. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Hey Master Chief, so does your gelatine comment make you a fellow vegan? ...just wondering.

16. heathenpoet

heathenpoet Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I thought HaG was a standalone game..? Not that I've played it, but I was sure it wasn't a Carcassonne expansion.. :confused:

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It was a separate game so at best it would be a bit of a spin-off since it was similar but had some unique play aspects and totally unique tiles compared to Carcassonne.

18. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Gah, I thought this was going to be the update with in-app purchases, allowing the ability to buy different rule sets and stuff. It's all right though. Maybe next time. :cool:

I'm a vegetarian, but not a vegan :eek: Nice to see someone with similar views, though :)

19. Egoyan

Egoyan Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Beijing/Montréal
    I'm in the same boat as everyone else, I was really excited as I thought an expansion would have been released. Oh, well, that's a nice little update anyway. Hopefully included in the "lots of bug fixes" is a smoother multiplayer experience with random opponents.

Believe it or not, I have never bought anything as in-app purchases, and I can't wait for Carcassonne to be my first. :p I'm planning on buying any expansion offered first thing as it comes out.

Oh, and I'm still pretty new at this game and aren't too good yet, but if anyone here wants to play a little multiplayer game, please add me with this email adress: [email protected] . I'd really like to play with some people here instead of just random opponents. Sounds like it'd be more exciting. :)

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    If you don't mind playing with noob, I am sending you an invitation.