Support our Sponsors:

Old 10-16-2014, 01:50 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Voyages have been redesigned. You can see all the rewards for the voyage across the top of the screen. As you play through the event and gain score points you unlock the rewards. Also you don't choose how many followers you send, it's a fixed count depending on the stage. Also, there are no more timers, you three star based on your speed and follower survival, star rating determines score towards overall voyage.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:13 PM

Yes, just exploring the new world now. You get a whole new set of cards, different abilities etc to unlock. Your old world still exists, and you can go back to it (haven't tried this yet though). Your stickers carry over from the old world, but ore, wheat, and belief don't. It's an interesting idea, a kind of reboot in a way. I'll have to play more to see whether these new features introduce interesting new mechanics, or whether it's better balanced than the homeworld is (i.e. the homeworld forced you into a pay/ grind wall fairly early on, but then you eventually got more belief/ wheat/ ore then you knew what to do with).

Is Godus about to become good?

Glad that you can rotate the camera. If only they'd let us zoom out more....

One thing I noticed, from working on the first beacon: in this world ore actually gets consumed.

There's some really interesting looking stuff in the hidden areas of the new map though.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:58 AM

Ok, impressions of the new world.

It's a desert environment, where you can only farm on special green, verdant tiles, and you can only mine on grey tiles. So initially at least there's a very tight bottleneck on wheat and ore, especially since this time out, ore is actually consumed. You have two expansion beacons, so you have a choice of branching paths. Try to expand into an area that has empty farm fields in the greyed out area, as that indicates a verdant area that you can farm, and initially, wheat is going to be needed more than ore.

I would say the balancing is just as bad as the home world. I'm back to waiting several hours, playing a short burst, then waiting more hours. I understand that a freemium title needs some kind of paywall, but I don't know why they place it so early in the game.

There needs to be more to Godus than just trying to defeat the paywall. At the moment, that's still the only challenge, the only part that is actually a game. This new world reshuffles your resource priorities, but otherwise it's more of the same.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:18 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Another change I've noticed, one that's definitely unwelcome, is that when you place a village your farmers become available one at a time. In other words, if you place it before bed and expect to wake to several, you'll be disappointed -- the next timer doesn't start until you've tapped releasing the first farmer.

Also -- the loading times are long. If you're going to design something that requires people to come back repeatedly throughout the day, don't require them to sit forever staring at the loading screen. FWIW, I've got an iPad Air and a very fast internet connection. It's not me.
Old Today, 10:08 AM

Yes it takes hours for the farming settlement to create new farmers. The last few take 23 hours each. The mining village however only takes a few minutes to create miners. Not sure what's going on there.

One plus point, so far treasure chests seem much more common in the new world, and they seem to be deposited by lightning strikes. Later, there are two cards, one to increase the frequency of lightning storms, and one to decrease it. I wonder why you'd want to decrease it? Lightning can set things on fire, but the fires go out fairly quickly.
Old Today, 01:05 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Is this worth checking out now? I've been avoiding this game so far. Did the update make it more....fun?