Anyone Else Excited For the 2 New Pinball Games by LittleWing?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gekkota, May 26, 2009.

1. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    #1 gekkota, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2009
    Soon (hopefully!) to be released are 2 of their best pinball games--Crystal Caliburn and Loony Labyrinth.
    The screenshots on the front page look awesome! Plenty of targets and bumpers and chutes.
    It's like pinball is the "next big thing" in the app store.
    The more, the better... :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    Were they the makers of solid state tristan pinball? I had that one lots of years ago. It was simple but really good.

3. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Good memory! I believe that is one of their games...

4. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
  5. Garden Dwarf

Garden Dwarf Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Don't know this game but I am waiting pinball fantaisies first !

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Cool beans! These were good fun pinball games back in the day, I'd love to see what they can do with their old standards all revamped for the iphone!

7. Pinkelman

Pinkelman Member

May 18, 2009
    Seems like I'll have to free up an entire page on my iPod screen soon for pinball games alone.
    The Loony Labyrinth-voice is still etched into my brain from playing the game so much years ago.

8. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Kind of "off" as I recall.

9. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm pretty excited about this, but it seems like its a ways out there, so I'm not holding my breath for some time now. Monster Pinball and fantasies seems to be the next big thing.

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
  11. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Awwwww.... why not? :)

I never played these previously, so I don't know anything about them. But I pretty much get excited for every pinball that comes out :D Can anyone share their experience with the originals? They seem to be going for the authentic pinball machine type game. Any comments on the physics?

12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Their PC games back in the day weren't that great, physicswise, as I recall...but more recently I think they've gotten a lot more polished and better. Pinball is what they do, by gum.

They have demos of all of their PC and Mac games...but the demos are a bit of a nasty tease. You get the FULL GAME when you download the demo but each game only lasts 90 seconds until you "auto-tilt" however many balls you may have left and your score isn't saved. If you pay them some yen (the prices per table may vary but I know the latest ones come out to about $32 USD), you're emailed a key-code and the full game is yours at last.

13. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Hell yes! I loved these back in the day and played them for countless hours. I also think they'll be well suited to the iphone. Just give me a non-scrolling view and smooth framerate and I'll be happy.

14. DonD_GT

DonD_GT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Wow, this brings back memories. I remember Crystal Caliburn as a truly great pinball game and spent hours and hours on it. Loony Labyrinth I remember owning, but don't have the same memories of it's gameplay, leading me to believe it didn't hold up when compared to the first game.

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Hrmmmmm, thanks LordGek. Doesn't sound like they were too great back in the day, but seems a lot of people have some nostalgia for them. I think that the front page article mentioned they are actually building the engine specifically for the iPhone "ports", but I could be mistaken (can't check cause TA is blocked at my work, not the forums though!). Still seems like some good pinball tables, and I'll still be looking forward to these ones. Maybe I can get a hold of a demo on the old Mac.

16. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Yeah supposedly they are using a whole new engine for the iPhone.

17. WonderingIf

WonderingIf Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Kid herding
    In an alternate reality
    Crystal Caliburn!!

I had that game on one of my old computers. I played the heck out of that game! One of my all-time favorite pinball games! So many targets and missions. I remember the sound effects were great. I remember trying to light up all "twelve knights of the round table", but I only got as far as 4. LOL

I would love to own a version that I could carry around with me. I'm a huge video pinball fan, and this is one of the classics, IMHO. :)

18. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I have all of the Little Wing pinball games and still play them on my Mac. They are absolutely wonderful but the very best of them all, in my opinion, is Loony Labyrinth. It's got a great story and the play is fluid and impossible to put down. I am so excited about having it on my iPod, too.

19. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I might have to get that back on my PC as I wait for this iphone version. I came SO CLOSE to snagging one of their newer tables (Monster Fair) but, especially being spoiled with an endless barrage of $1-5 on the iphone, I just couldn't justify spending something like $35 for one table on my PC.