Looking for testflight testers for new word game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BanzaiTokyo, Jul 9, 2013.

1. BanzaiTokyo

BanzaiTokyo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    It sounds weird, but what we are working on can be described as scrabble meets tetris :)

we are looking for a few testers to be the first to check out the game. It is an iPhone game so we are looking for iPod/iPhone users.

join out team here: http://tflig.ht/VeVIiL

2. BanzaiTokyo

Jun 23, 2012
    the recruiting process is going slower than I hoped for. I think some feedback from our first testers should speed up the process (I am going to post negative feedbacl as well, but I hope there will not be much of it):

Ryan:
    Yes I have played the game and I love it! It's a great game and very addictive. I find myself playing for an hour or more sometimes without even realizing it. Keep up the good work!

3. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
  4. BanzaiTokyo

Jun 23, 2012
    #4 BanzaiTokyo, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    approved! let me know what you think about the game!

5. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    Yeah, I played this game a little and I found it very hard at first. And it still is. One thing I would change though is instead of just q, you should put q+u together. Another thing is that you get WAY too many vowels at the beginning.

Also, the game crashed after making a 4 letter word and when i connected the word the 1st letter disappeared on the 1st tower, and then it crashed.

I really like combining Tetris and scrabble. It's really neat.
    One reason why you didn't get many beta testers is because this is in a thread where not many people look except developers. So if you want/need more testers I would move or make a forum in upcoming iPod touch games. Or something.

Good luck!

6. BanzaiTokyo

Jun 23, 2012
    Wow, Banzai Words was tested by a Living Legend!!! :)

To be serious, thanks for giving it a try.
    Was it hard in a fun or discouraging way?
    Yes, the vowels is indeed a problem. We will try to improve the algorithm for the letters.
    I separated q and u on purpose. it makes q a special letter, that's why it's valued so highly.

You have a good point about upcoming games section. I hope that if a moderator notices this thread they can move it there. My thinking was that developers understand the importance of testing and could give a hand to fellow developers.

7. BanzaiTokyo

Jun 23, 2012
    feedback from Andrew:

I really liked the game, your description of the concept intrigued me, but when it came to playing it I thought it was brilliant. I think the difficulty could be adjusted.