Tilt to Live 2: Redonkulous (by One Man Left Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by OneManLeft, Oct 26, 2013.

1. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

#1 OneManLeft, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

We have been hard at work on a sequel to our passive-aggressive arcade game Tilt to Live since March. It will be out this Thursday, November 14th!

Tilt to Live is a game of fast-paced, tilt-only arcade action! You’ll flee a relentless onslaught of dastardly dots, desperately darting between single-use weapon orbs. Each orb provides a unique burst of fiery relief! Sometimes it’s lasery relief. It really depends.

Check out our trailer to see the dot destruction in action!

2. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Wow, looks really beautiful

3. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Absolutely loved the first..... cannot wait for the sequel!

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    One of the few tilt-only games that have my utmost respect. This sequel is of course instabuy.

5. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Wow, wait this a very long time for next version.

6. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Must have game. Will get when it release!

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    The first one is one of the best iOS games ever. Any genre. So this is a must buy. My number #1 most anticipated game has almost arrived :)

8. wolfie9090

wolfie9090 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    I wonder how much it will be?

9. OneManLeft

Just to clear up some confusion I'm seeing on twitter/youtube/our site:
    The game will not be a freemium game. It will be paid like Tilt to Live 1.

10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Is Redonkulous HD already in development or will that be 6 months down the line? Also, TTL is possibly my favorite iOS game of all time. It's one of the biggest reasons why I bought my first iPod Touch as well as first iPad.

11. OneManLeft

The game is a universal app, it'll work natively on both iPad and iPhone screens, with UI customized to accommodate both screen sizes.

12. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Oh, but... now I'm worried. TTL HD was amazing because instead of simply scaling graphics it quadrupled the playing area. It will be extremely disappointing if Redonkulous on iPad is just a scaled up experience from the smaller devices. Could you possibly post screenshots comparing how the game looks on both devices?

13. Kirin

Kirin New Member

Oct 28, 2013
    OneManLeft,
    Will you ever release this wonderful piece of a game to the Android?
    What's the reason for the exclusivity for iOS? :'(
    I've been enjoying the first TiltToLive for years on my good ol' iPod Touch, but now my latest device is an Android one.. That saddens me so badly.

14. OneManLeft

We opted for the same arena size this go around to allow for everyone to compete on the same level instead of segmenting our player base. Here is the same screenshot on ipad vs iphone 5 (both scaled down for forum post sake). Things look slightly larger on ipad, but it's not a direct scaling up. We've spent a lot of time on the gameplay, controls, and UI for both the ipad and iphone specifically to make sure it's just as enjoyable on both.

ipad:
    [​IMG]
    iphone:
    [​IMG]

15. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Woohoo! This looks amazing! I loved the original, and this looks like a great follow-up. Glad to see it happening :)

16. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I'm going to go against the grain here and ask if there will be other control options besides just tilt. I loathe tilt personally, but will be very interested (as I would have been in the first game) if there is some sort of touch control option available.

EDIT: Just read 'tilt only' on the first page, so, good luck with the game!

17. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    You should really just give the first game a chance. I do not like motion controls and the tilt in that game is flawless... It is so natural. It would be so sad if you passed on either of these games just because of your previous grudges against the control style.

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh wow ... boss fights! The one thing I really wanted. That and AI companions lol.

Will this run on ios6?

19. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    As I've said before I absolutely love TTL HD in particular, so while I understand the need for doing this, it is no less heartbreaking. My worry was never the asset scaling, I know that you will use the correct res assets for each profile, it was always the arena size. And since you have to maintain the arena size beginning from the 16:9 iPhones, iPad users get huge bars :( I guess I will always have TTL HD for the true iPad experience.

20. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I did try the first game. As much as I recognize how good the game probably is, tilt controls are the devil, regardless of how perfect they are implemented.

You throw in some virtual buttons, I'll throw in my money.