★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-01-2017, 02:19 AM
Damn, portrait. Looks like Game of War as well, the gameplay trailer didn't excite me.
09-01-2017, 07:44 AM
Why can't someone do a FPS version of TWD...this is another time and money waster with little inspiration.

09-01-2017, 07:50 AM
Please use the release thread not the softlaunch thread.
Maybe a mod can lock/delete this?
09-01-2017, 01:42 PM
So I must admit I just don't get this game. Click on building, upgrade it, then wait. Click to send ppl out on missions, then wait. Is this a throttled idle clicker? Or does some sort of real game eventually start here?
09-01-2017, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googgi78 View Post
So I must admit I just don't get this game. Click on building, upgrade it, then wait. Click to send ppl out on missions, then wait. Is this a throttled idle clicker? Or does some sort of real game eventually start here?
That seems to be pretty much it. I love the art style but I feel like they have wasted a great opportunity with this game. It's just not interactive enough. Sending parties out on raids but we can't control anything? This game uses mechanics that were popular years ago on mobile....shame really. Great IP to base a game on but this is what they come up.

Why they didn't add in mechanics like TWD No Mans Land or some kind of 2D choice based missions mechanic is beyond me.
09-01-2017, 09:37 PM
Tried playing this for a few days but I'm pretty much done with it at this point. As much as I love TWD, this game is not what I was hoping it would be. The design direction of the interface is way more sci-if than zombie apocalypse and too convoluted and overwhelming. There doesn't even seem to be much action, just a bunch of timers tied to missions that aren't physically playable. It feels like another clicker with IAP trappings and multiple currencies. No thanks.
09-01-2017, 10:27 PM
All of the above; there's no game here.
09-02-2017, 07:08 AM
So after playing for another day I've hit a brick wall. Around level 6/7 for your headquarters the timers go through the roof. From say 30 minutes to multiple hours. When you add the long timers to the fact there isn't actually any gameplay involved when it comes to sending groups out on missions you have two options. Close the app and wait for the timers to then just repeat the same thing again or pay real money to speed things up so you can keep 'playing'.

I know which one they want me to do but why would I? What am I actually working towards? So disappointed......
01-13-2018, 05:36 PM
Anyone playing on D7?

GAME CENTER ID: darioes
My beta tested games: Cado, Pig in trees, DEO, Chimpanzee Catastrophe, Alpha Swarm, Run Fox Run, Hospital Havoc 2, Monster Tower, Magic Defender, NinjaGuy, Penguin Glide...