★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-25-2017, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
Does anyone know how much the currency is going for? I cannot check this as I have no payment method in my AU account (just shows Japanese messages when I try to buy leaves).

I'm finding the 100 items to be the most limiting (and freemium) factor so far. Going for the 3 red snapper daily has filled my bag quickly. 20 leaves for 5 more slots doesn't sound too friendly (but not sure without pricing of course).
They're not cheap, considering K K Slider's and Tom Nook's chairs are 250 Leaf Tickets each, currently available for the first 45 days after you begin playing. Still, they're definitely purely optional.

Last edited by Porsupah; 10-25-2017 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Thou shalt not suffer an absent apostrophe
10-25-2017, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagle86 View Post
What do the special items do; KK's chair & Nooks chair?
If you tap on the announcement it tells you:

"If you craft K.K. Slider's chair or Tom Nook's chair and place either one in your campsite, the item's owner will show up and hang out for as long as you want."

10-25-2017, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucepolicy View Post
If you tap on the announcement it tells you:

"If you craft K.K. Slider's chair or Tom Nook's chair and place either one in your campsite, the item's owner will show up and hang out for as long as you want."
But what does that mean? Surely they have some benefit or incentive to show up, besides just being NPC's
10-25-2017, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
@Eli nice review of the soft launch, F2P elements, etc., but don't forget this is a soft launch and in-game currency could change. I remember Real Racing 3 made loads of changes to IAP and many other things before exiting the soft launch. I hope Animal Crossing stays more or less the same as now, but I wouldn't hold my breath these days.
Don't hold your breath that the currency will change, Real Racing 3 is an isolated example that fits EA's specific brand of soft launches and betas: start off with over-the-top, predatory monetization, then dial back to what they really intended after the inevitable backlash. In fact, the same thing is happening right now with the loot box outrage in Battlefront II.

Besides, the currency flow in AC is pretty generous by most standards.

And before people start getting bent out of shape over timers and premium currencies, let's all take a moment to recall that Animal Crossing has always been designed like a F2P game, except without the means to shorten the timers. Picked all your fruit? Come back tomorrow. Upgrade your house? Come back tomorrow. Etc., etc. :-P
10-25-2017, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsupah View Post
They're not cheap, considering K K Slider's and Tom Nooks chairs are 250 Leaf Tickets each, currently available for the first 45 days after you begin playing. Still, they're definitely purely optional.

Thanks for the rates. It is also worth noting that you get 5 spaces at level five or six or thereabouts. I am not 10 yet so unsure if we get more as we level up.

It is optional, yes, but considering that I'm already getting requests for 3x5 fruit, space is going to be a huge problem. Even if you sell all common fish and bugs (holding zero), there will probably be a time (and soon since this is only day one live) when fulfilling requests becomes a matter of selective hoarding and having to wait possibly hours (or days) on requests you simply don't have the room to gather.

It is possible that player markets will be able to solve this problem though, if you can amass a large amount of market board options.
10-25-2017, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagle86 View Post
What do the special items do; KK's chair & Nook's chair?
"If you craft K K Slider's chair or Tom Nook's chair and place either one in your campsite, the item's owner will show up and hang out for as long as you want!"

I'm not entirely sure I'd want Tom Nook around permanently, TBH. ^_^;

That does leave me wondering, though, whether K K Slider shows up on Saturday evenings regardless, or if the chair's the only way to lure him in, as far as AC:PC goes.
10-25-2017, 10:25 PM
More info: at 10 you get TEN more inventory slots. More generous than I had expected. Onwards to 15!

Has anyone noticed, at the Market Place, if there is any indicator when you're buying something if you already own one? I'd hate to have to check all of my furniture and clothes each time prior to a purchase (especially once I amass a lot of each).
10-26-2017, 01:01 AM
Does the market place give more rare items . Would be nice to know what I'm buying.

Add me please 22877475246

If you make a Nintendo account and link it then it's lots of leaf money for you. Also you get another 50 for just going to the rewards page.

Current Recommendations: Blocky Farm, Morphite, Cat Quest, Pocket Build
10-26-2017, 01:48 AM
Can someone tell me what kind of a game is this? A similar game comparison will be great. Quite a hassle to create an au acc to check it out
10-26-2017, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Does the market place give more rare items . Would be nice to know what I'm buying.

Add me please 22877475246

If you make a Nintendo account and link it then it's lots of leaf money for you. Also you get another 50 for just going to the rewards page.
Kinda curious how that will work when US release rolls out. IF you make a aussy Nintendo account for full benefits will you be able to switch the game to your US Nintendo account next month.

Gamecenter : taeles