★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Justin Mai
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 94.0 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: Arcade boxing has made its return to the ring! Punch, block, and dodge your way up the ranks with simple one-hand touch controls and fast action gameplay. Time your dodges successfully and you'll be rewarded an opportunity for a knock-out punch. However, one mistimed maneuver can mean the difference between shining in the bright lights to laying lights-out on the canvas!

As an up-and-coming boxer, career mode puts you in the action against 29 other completely randomly generated opponents so you'll never play the same career twice. Fight your way up the ranks and challenge three different title holders on your way to becoming the first undisputed champion of the world. After fights you'll earn money and experience to level up, upgrade stats, and choose between 12 unique abilities in the skill tree. The type of fighter that you want to become is entirely up to you and your playing style.

Can you become the greatest prizefighter to ever step into the ring?

FEATURES:
- Classic arcade action with multiple control configurations
- Deep career mode with 29 randomly generated opponents
- Player customization and progression
- Upgrade your stats and unlock unique abilities in the skill tree
- Customizable ring
- Share replays of your greatest fights
- Supports portrait and landscape mode
- Optimized for iPhoneX

KoalityGame's comments:

It's out now! Huge thanks to all the beta testers that helped improve the game in the last month. Keep the feedback coming!

12-14-2017, 01:54 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2015
Location: Liberty city
Posts: 3,546
BEst boxing game since Tysons punchout

Current Recommendations: Blocky Farm, Morphite, Cat Quest, Pocket Build

12-15-2017, 05:17 AM
#3
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
Dope dope dope
Rope-a-dope
12-15-2017, 04:29 PM
#4
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 13
Really having fun with this. Just got byteweight title. I'm working my way up the ranks
12-15-2017, 06:24 PM
#5
How is this game not getting any love in the forums? The controls alone are a breakthrough. Its an homage to one of the greatest games ever made. To top it off you can literally play it in portrait and still look like an adult.
12-15-2017, 10:56 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkeygrave View Post
How is this game not getting any love in the forums? The controls alone are a breakthrough. Its an homage to one of the greatest games ever made. To top it off you can literally play it in portrait and still look like an adult.
Appreciate the love guys! I'm sure it's because of all the other great games that just released as well, but I'm thankful for those of you that still choose to play Prizefighters above all else

I'm working towards a small update but also looking forward to adding some type of PVP in the near future! And as always, don't hesitate to provide any feedback that you think will improve the game. Thanks for all the support!

Follow me on Twitter for the latest news and updates @justinKmai or @KoalityGame
12-16-2017, 03:37 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,307
Been loving this game since I got my hands on it and it is an excellent boxing ode to old school gaming. Ranking up is a nice challenge and it's a good hook that keeps me coming back, as well as the stat ranking system. More people need to see this game! It's a gem 👍🏻👍🏻

- CHIEF
12-16-2017, 05:24 PM
#8
I played the original beta quite a bit, and am really enjoying all the little improvements in the final build.

The little newspaper cut scenes are funny.

What helps make this stand out for me is that this isn't a typical punch out clone with speedy player vs. lumbering/hulking opponents, but more of a boxing simulator, where both players face off in a fair fight influenced by stats. That's not an easy thing to pull off while retaining the fun factor. The ability to pump up stats with experience should also go a long way towards making the game accessible to people that might not otherwise have the reflexes to win if it were a pure arcade game.

I think this game has potential to work exceptionally well with a player vs. player mode.
12-17-2017, 03:01 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
Been loving this game since I got my hands on it and it is an excellent boxing ode to old school gaming. Ranking up is a nice challenge and it's a good hook that keeps me coming back, as well as the stat ranking system. More people need to see this game! It's a gem 👍🏻👍🏻

- CHIEF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
I played the original beta quite a bit, and am really enjoying all the little improvements in the final build.

The little newspaper cut scenes are funny.

What helps make this stand out for me is that this isn't a typical punch out clone with speedy player vs. lumbering/hulking opponents, but more of a boxing simulator, where both players face off in a fair fight influenced by stats. That's not an easy thing to pull off while retaining the fun factor. The ability to pump up stats with experience should also go a long way towards making the game accessible to people that might not otherwise have the reflexes to win if it were a pure arcade game.

I think this game has potential to work exceptionally well with a player vs. player mode.
Thank you both and everyone else for putting time into the beta and helping improve the game. It wouldn't be what it is without your guys input. I'm glad that you get what I was aiming for with Prizefighters, which is more than just a Punch-Out clone. Although the original is a classic, I felt like I could create something similar but also stand on its own and playable in mobile form.

I'm really excited to begin testing the multiplayer aspects, it was originally built for PVP so the functionality is already there. It plays flawlessly on LAN, will be interesting to see how much lag effects the gameplay over longer distances.

Follow me on Twitter for the latest news and updates @justinKmai or @KoalityGame
12-17-2017, 03:35 PM
#10
Joined: Aug 2016
Location: Earth
Posts: 6
I'm hooked

Best boxing game out right now imo