★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Justin Mai
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 94.0 MB
  • Version: 2.1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: Prizefighters is the latest and greatest free arcade boxing game to hit the Play Store featuring an in-depth career, real-time multiplayer, player progression and customization, and fast action gameplay with intuitive fight controls.

Named as one of TOUCH ARCADE'S BEST GAMES OF 2017 - "Working your way up the ranks and buffing out your custom boxer is incredibly fun and the core mechanics are so good"

RETRO GRAPHICS AND SOUND
Hand animated pixel art graphics bring you back to the classic arcade boxing games of the past. Playable in landscape or portrait mode and optimized for iPhoneX!

INGENIOUS CONTROLS
Punch, block, dodge, and knock out your opponent with intuitive touch controls designed specifically for mobile devices. Fight with a variety of different boxing attacks including jabs, crosses, hooks, uppercuts, counters, and devastating body blows. MFi gamepad is also supported!

EXTENSIVE CAREER
Start from the bottom and fight your way up the ranks against 29 other randomly generated opponents. Challenge three different titleholders and become the greatest undisputed boxing champion of the world.

REAL-TIME MULTIPLAYER
Prove that you are the worlds greatest fighter by challenging other players in real-time PVP multiplayer. Compete in five different weight classes and try to achieve the highest rank for each division. With ranked matches, you can put your coins on the line and fight for the prize money!

PLAYER AND RING CUSTOMIZATION
Make a name for yourself by creating and customizing your own fighter with a variety of different hairstyles and attire colors. Choose the colors of your boxing ring canvas, ropes, and poles.

FIGHTING SKILLS AND STATS PROGRESSION
Mold your fighter by upgrading six different stat ratings that dictates your performance in the ring. Earn experience and level up to unlock new unique boxing abilities that can give you an edge over your opponent.

SOCIAL FEATURES
Share replays of your greatest knockouts and participate in engaging discussions with the boxing game community in our Discord channel!

https://discordapp.com/invite/5U9sGXY

KoalityGame's comments:

It's out now! Huge thanks to all the beta testers that helped improve the game in the last month. Keep the feedback coming!

12-14-2017, 01:54 PM
BEst boxing game since Tysons punchout

Current Recommendations: Blocky Farm, Morphite, Cat Quest, Pocket Build

12-15-2017, 05:17 AM
Dope dope dope
Rope-a-dope
12-15-2017, 04:29 PM
Really having fun with this. Just got byteweight title. I'm working my way up the ranks
12-15-2017, 06:24 PM
How is this game not getting any love in the forums? The controls alone are a breakthrough. Its an homage to one of the greatest games ever made. To top it off you can literally play it in portrait and still look like an adult.
12-15-2017, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkeygrave View Post
How is this game not getting any love in the forums? The controls alone are a breakthrough. Its an homage to one of the greatest games ever made. To top it off you can literally play it in portrait and still look like an adult.
Appreciate the love guys! I'm sure it's because of all the other great games that just released as well, but I'm thankful for those of you that still choose to play Prizefighters above all else

I'm working towards a small update but also looking forward to adding some type of PVP in the near future! And as always, don't hesitate to provide any feedback that you think will improve the game. Thanks for all the support!

Follow me on Twitter for the latest news and updates @justinKmai or @KoalityGame
12-16-2017, 03:37 PM
Been loving this game since I got my hands on it and it is an excellent boxing ode to old school gaming. Ranking up is a nice challenge and it's a good hook that keeps me coming back, as well as the stat ranking system. More people need to see this game! It's a gem 👍🏻👍🏻

- CHIEF
12-16-2017, 05:24 PM
I played the original beta quite a bit, and am really enjoying all the little improvements in the final build.

The little newspaper cut scenes are funny.

What helps make this stand out for me is that this isn't a typical punch out clone with speedy player vs. lumbering/hulking opponents, but more of a boxing simulator, where both players face off in a fair fight influenced by stats. That's not an easy thing to pull off while retaining the fun factor. The ability to pump up stats with experience should also go a long way towards making the game accessible to people that might not otherwise have the reflexes to win if it were a pure arcade game.

I think this game has potential to work exceptionally well with a player vs. player mode.
12-17-2017, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
Been loving this game since I got my hands on it and it is an excellent boxing ode to old school gaming. Ranking up is a nice challenge and it's a good hook that keeps me coming back, as well as the stat ranking system. More people need to see this game! It's a gem 👍🏻👍🏻

- CHIEF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
I played the original beta quite a bit, and am really enjoying all the little improvements in the final build.

The little newspaper cut scenes are funny.

What helps make this stand out for me is that this isn't a typical punch out clone with speedy player vs. lumbering/hulking opponents, but more of a boxing simulator, where both players face off in a fair fight influenced by stats. That's not an easy thing to pull off while retaining the fun factor. The ability to pump up stats with experience should also go a long way towards making the game accessible to people that might not otherwise have the reflexes to win if it were a pure arcade game.

I think this game has potential to work exceptionally well with a player vs. player mode.
Thank you both and everyone else for putting time into the beta and helping improve the game. It wouldn't be what it is without your guys input. I'm glad that you get what I was aiming for with Prizefighters, which is more than just a Punch-Out clone. Although the original is a classic, I felt like I could create something similar but also stand on its own and playable in mobile form.

I'm really excited to begin testing the multiplayer aspects, it was originally built for PVP so the functionality is already there. It plays flawlessly on LAN, will be interesting to see how much lag effects the gameplay over longer distances.

Follow me on Twitter for the latest news and updates @justinKmai or @KoalityGame
12-17-2017, 03:35 PM
I'm hooked

Best boxing game out right now imo