★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-17-2017, 03:59 PM
Downloaded this. When I saw the stats screen of the boxer I had a flashback to Barry McGuigan's World Championship Boxing - still the GOAT imo. Hoping this game gives me that missing fix (although McGuigan's is playable on a laptop via an emulator. Tricky to fit a laptop in my pocket though).
12-17-2017, 09:56 PM
I love 8-bits graphic style, and this is quite perfect

12-18-2017, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky23 View Post
Downloaded this. When I saw the stats screen of the boxer I had a flashback to Barry McGuigan's World Championship Boxing - still the GOAT imo. Hoping this game gives me that missing fix (although McGuigan's is playable on a laptop via an emulator. Tricky to fit a laptop in my pocket though).
was a huge fan of MacGuigan Boxing back in the C64 days, and it's weird that Prizefighter reminds you of it, this one is more like Punch-Out.

are you sure you're not talking about Big Shot Boxing?
12-18-2017, 02:35 AM
Love it

Man how awesome is this game. Controls are easy. Animations are fun. Each boxer even has a tell just like punch out. I would totally buy a coin doubler from the store
12-18-2017, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmaxx View Post
was a huge fan of MacGuigan Boxing back in the C64 days, and it's weird that Prizefighter reminds you of it, this one is more like Punch-Out.

are you sure you're not talking about Big Shot Boxing?

Ha! I've posted in the BSB thread too. I think the throwback to McGuigan with Prizefighter was the presentation. But yeah, the fighting is def more Punch Out for sure.
12-18-2017, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky23 View Post
Ha! I've posted in the BSB thread too. I think the throwback to McGuigan with Prizefighter was the presentation. But yeah, the fighting is def more Punch Out for sure.
yeah, i'm both installed and play with them regularly every day... a couple of great old school boxing game!
12-18-2017, 01:42 PM
Gotta say im loving this game. Its also entirely IAP free from my experience so far. Sure you can buy stuff, but there are no ads, no pay walls, no need to spend money. I hope the dev team makes money somehow cuz id love them to make more. And specifically a wider variety of looks and style out of opponents. Part of the charm of Punch Out was all that style. I know this game is not punch out per say, but we all know it takes cues from that genre.
12-18-2017, 04:29 PM
Im a huge boxing fan so was always going to like this But this really is a masterpiece, all the little details you have added add so much, must have been so much work! The newpaper headlines are amazing and the way each of the opponents have there own records etc. Really great work.
12-19-2017, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgraphic View Post
Best boxing game out right now imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratosta01 View Post
I love 8-bits graphic style, and this is quite perfect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmaxx View Post
yeah, i'm both installed and play with them regularly every day... a couple of great old school boxing game!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidcart View Post
Man how awesome is this game. Controls are easy. Animations are fun. Each boxer even has a tell just like punch out. I would totally buy a coin doubler from the store
Quote:
Originally Posted by scape211 View Post
Gotta say im loving this game. Its also entirely IAP free from my experience so far. Sure you can buy stuff, but there are no ads, no pay walls, no need to spend money. I hope the dev team makes money somehow cuz id love them to make more. And specifically a wider variety of looks and style out of opponents. Part of the charm of Punch Out was all that style. I know this game is not punch out per say, but we all know it takes cues from that genre.
Thanks for the compliments guys! Really glad you're enjoying it.

The IAP model was something that I put a lot of thought into. Of course, in the end my goal is to make money so that I can continue developing games, but I did not want it to detract from the gameplay experience so I made it unobtrusive as possible. I'll have to wait and see if it was the best decision for the long term.

However, I realized that currently my IAP options do not allow for players that want to support the game to do so without purchasing coins or watching ads. Since you mentioned the coin doubler I think I may add a 'premium' IAP to double the amount of coins that you earn and maybe throw in some other perks as well. Please let me know if you have any thoughts about this or any objections to how I handle IAPs now or in the future.

Regarding a wider variety of looks and styles I'm always thinking of ways to add more to the game so any suggestions are welcome! A reason that that part of the game is lacking is because I wanted to create as many different opponents as possible in a short amount of time, and creating individual personalities and appearances would have taken way longer to develop the game. With random generation I could create infinite opponents with generic styles being the main drawback, but allowed me to release the game sooner. I'm thinking of different ways to expand on this aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinL View Post
Im a huge boxing fan so was always going to like this But this really is a masterpiece, all the little details you have added add so much, must have been so much work! The newpaper headlines are amazing and the way each of the opponents have there own records etc. Really great work.
This means a lot to me coming from a fellow dev with a track record of yours! I really appreciate it Colin. You created a fantastic boxing game as well, I find myself playing it from time to time when I take breaks from developing my own game. I really love the different gameplay styles that both of our games bring to the table. I look forward to seeing what you add to it in the future!

Follow me on Twitter for the latest news and updates @justinKmai or @KoalityGame
12-19-2017, 05:16 AM
With micros-transactions, it's easy. As long as a player can complete the game and unlock all achievement without paying a single dollar or pound, then having the option to double coins or pay for the ability to skip ahead is fine. The option is with the gamer and at no point is the gamer forced to have to pay to progress (Hello EA?).

Also, supporting devs is vital, especially for apps/games like this. We want the games to be supported and want to see more of what can be offered with other titles - so think it's important there's an option in there somewhere that isn't intrusive and gives us the freedom to support.