★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-19-2017, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky23 View Post
With micros-transactions, it's easy. As long as a player can complete the game and unlock all achievement without paying a single dollar or pound, then having the option to double coins or pay for the ability to skip ahead is fine. The option is with the gamer and at no point is the gamer forced to have to pay to progress (Hello EA?).

Also, supporting devs is vital, especially for apps/games like this. We want the games to be supported and want to see more of what can be offered with other titles - so think it's important there's an option in there somewhere that isn't intrusive and gives us the freedom to support.
Appreciate the insight, Spooky. In Prizefighters, I made sure that everything in the game can be accessed without paying and that nothing is forced. I would love to keep it that way so I will add in an option to double coins and see how that goes

Thanks for the support!

Follow me on Twitter for the latest news and updates @justinKmai or @KoalityGame

Last edited by KoalityGame; 12-19-2017 at 02:54 PM.
12-19-2017, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalityGame View Post
Please let me know if you have any thoughts about this or any objections to how I handle IAPs now or in the future.
Coin doubler is a solid idea s long as it doesnt speed up progression too much. Maybe you can increase it incriments (10, 20, etc % more coins or xp) so people can invest more if they want for speed or support without taking away too much from the game. Another possible IAP would be to make all skill resets free. I'm all for making the game experience better for the money i spend; as long as it doesnt make the game too easy or boring in the process. You have a solid difficulty ramp so I wouldnt want to mess with that too much, but hey you gotta eat right?

Quote:
Regarding a wider variety of looks and styles I'm always thinking of ways to add more to the game so any suggestions are welcome! A reason that that part of the game is lacking is because I wanted to create as many different opponents as possible in a short amount of time, and creating individual personalities and appearances would have taken way longer to develop the game. With random generation I could create infinite opponents with generic styles being the main drawback, but allowed me to release the game sooner. I'm thinking of different ways to expand on this aspect.
Fair enough and I like the idea of having opponents randomly generated to allow for variations in play. However, having key battles at major bouts feels important for theming. At first this could be very unique color palettes, but giving them special abilities would be awesome.

An example would be 'Baron von Bytes' very pale boxer with tiny red pixel fangs (same build a look of other boxers aside from these fangs; tiny unique identifier). Has a special ability that when he hits you with a punch, he gains back a small amount of health.

Something like might be hard to program, but maybe you could do simpler changes like some is immune to body blows or dodges all uppercuts.

The ideal situation is unique fighting styles ala punch out, but that might be unrealistic for now.

Honestly these are just things to make it better. The game as it stands is tons of fun and such a great spot to build upon thats its hard not to think of fun ideas!

12-19-2017, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scape211 View Post
Coin doubler is a solid idea s long as it doesnt speed up progression too much. Maybe you can increase it incriments (10, 20, etc % more coins or xp) so people can invest more if they want for speed or support without taking away too much from the game. Another possible IAP would be to make all skill resets free. I'm all for making the game experience better for the money i spend; as long as it doesnt make the game too easy or boring in the process. You have a solid difficulty ramp so I wouldnt want to mess with that too much, but hey you gotta eat right?
I agree with not wanting to mess with the difficulty ramp. Making skill resets free is also a great suggestion so I'll think of some type of premium package that will allow support without making the game too easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scape211 View Post
Fair enough and I like the idea of having opponents randomly generated to allow for variations in play. However, having key battles at major bouts feels important for theming. At first this could be very unique color palettes, but giving them special abilities would be awesome.

An example would be 'Baron von Bytes' very pale boxer with tiny red pixel fangs (same build a look of other boxers aside from these fangs; tiny unique identifier). Has a special ability that when he hits you with a punch, he gains back a small amount of health.

Something like might be hard to program, but maybe you could do simpler changes like some is immune to body blows or dodges all uppercuts.

The ideal situation is unique fighting styles ala punch out, but that might be unrealistic for now.

Honestly these are just things to make it better. The game as it stands is tons of fun and such a great spot to build upon thats its hard not to think of fun ideas!
Haha! I love your examples and they are certainly doable. Adding a simple cosmetic change is a great idea and simple to do, as well as programming in certain abilities to make them more unique. I will definitely keep these in mind as I continue developing and improving on the game.

Follow me on Twitter for the latest news and updates @justinKmai or @KoalityGame
12-20-2017, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Haha! I love your examples and they are certainly doable. Adding a simple cosmetic change is a great idea and simple to do, as well as programming in certain abilities to make them more unique. I will definitely keep these in mind as I continue developing and improving on the game.
Some other fun names to think on:

Mikey 'The Iron' Stomach: Blocks all body blows

Billy McDuck: Dodges (or ducks lol) all uppercuts

haha i love cheesy names and dad humor if its not obvious
12-20-2017, 03:33 PM
I beat career mode and it gave me the option to defend my title or to retire and face harder opponents. I cannot find the option to retire. Where can the retire option be found?
12-20-2017, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancheta View Post
I beat career mode and it gave me the option to defend my title or to retire and face harder opponents. I cannot find the option to retire. Where can the retire option be found?
Congrats! The retire button is located at the bottom of the stats screen (far right button in the customize player menu). What was your final record and fight time?

12-20-2017, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Congrats! The retire button is located at the bottom of the stats screen (far right button in the customize player menu). What was your final record and fight time?

Thank you 😊
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8698.PNG
Views:	10
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	118595  
12-21-2017, 01:45 AM
Idea

I don’t know if this would break the game, but I keep levelling up and there is nothing to do because the skill tree is filled up. I think a neat idea would be that for every level past 6 you earn you can unlock the chance to add one point to the max of a certain rating. For example, a “balanced” character can only put 9 points into endurance, but when you hit level 7 you can unlock the ability to put 10 points into endurance.
12-21-2017, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monetarydread View Post
I dont know if this would break the game, but I keep levelling up and there is nothing to do because the skill tree is filled up. I think a neat idea would be that for every level past 6 you earn you can unlock the chance to add one point to the max of a certain rating. For example, a balanced character can only put 9 points into endurance, but when you hit level 7 you can unlock the ability to put 10 points into endurance.
That's a pretty cool idea. I think it would become a bit too unbalanced though if you were able to max out every stat. It won't be in the next update, but I'll try to think of something for the player after unlocking all the skills in the skill tree. Just curious, what did you think of the different skills and was it a tough choice to decide between them?

12-21-2017, 06:59 AM
Forced ads?