★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tens cinco varinhas mágicas mas não sabes o que elas fazem. Tenta descobrir seus efeitos e atravessar todas as cinco zonas. Toma os tesouros também se podes!

Cinco Paus e um novo labirinto de morte aleatória de Michael Brough, criador de 868-HACK, Imbroglio, e mais.

zen_mode's comments:

You have five magic wands but you do not know what they do. Try to figure out their effects and go through all five zones. Take the treasures too if you can!

Cinco Paus is a new procedural labyrinth by Michael Brough, creator of 868-HACK, Imbroglio, et al.

The short descriptions of abilities found within the game are in Portuguese. Thankfully, most of them are straightforward and self-explanatory. If however you get stuck figuring out what something does, translations can be found here.
12-25-2017, 01:44 AM
Randomised wands that reveal themselves with use.

Bonus difficulty mechanic: No English translation for wand abilities. You can still work out what they do though.

Last edited by zen_mode; 12-27-2017 at 09:34 PM.

12-25-2017, 02:14 PM
Why the language?

Edit: is there english? Appstore claims so
12-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Why the language?

Edit: is there english? Appstore claims so
I think it’s MB being a weird freak and his cute way of letting us know the text is irrelevant as all wand effects are indicated with symbols.

The text in the description run through Google translate sums the game up perfectly!

You have five magic wands but you do not know what they do. Try to figure out its effects and go through all five zones. Take the treasures too if you can!

Five Paus and a new random labyrinth of Michael Brough, creator of 868-HACK, Imbroglio, et al.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 12-25-2017 at 02:18 PM.
12-25-2017, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I think it’s MB being a weird freak and his cute way of letting us know the text is irrelevant as all wand effects are indicated with symbols.

The text in the description run through Google translate sums the game up perfectly!

You have five magic wands but you do not know what they do. Try to figure out its effects and go through all five zones. Take the treasures too if you can!

Five Paus and a new random labyrinth of Michael Brough, creator of 868-HACK, Imbroglio, et al.
Yeah, bought it and language is irrelevant here. I dont understand how those highscores are possible though -.-
12-25-2017, 03:33 PM
My scores don't seem to be registering. I can see the global scores and my friends (slamraman and Lord Gek) but not my own. Anyone else experiencing this? Running last iOS 10 on 6+.

EDIT: Game has crashed a couple times when checking highscore boards. Not sure if it's just an issue with my device or not. Will try reinstalling.

Last edited by Guise; 12-25-2017 at 08:29 PM.
12-25-2017, 05:28 PM
Auto-buy for me.
Still waiting for Imbroglio on PC though!

Great talk by Michael Brough on Going with the Grain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYXInr3N5UQ in game production.
12-25-2017, 07:41 PM
I take it this is a legit M Brough game?! #pogchamp
12-25-2017, 08:42 PM
Yes it’s legit. He’s been teasing it on twitter a bit.

Loving the mechanic and it’s so much better than the implementation I designed for another game.
12-26-2017, 09:08 AM
I love Michael Brough's games, they are always brilliant and fascinating. This is an instant-buy for me.