★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-26-2017, 07:38 PM
To give an alternative to the people slaving over google translate, I've summarized my understanding of the abilities here: https://vivafringe.wordpress.com/201...-ability-list/

Spoilers, obviously.
12-26-2017, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivafringe View Post
To give an alternative to the people slaving over google translate, I've summarized my understanding of the abilities here: https://vivafringe.wordpress.com/201...-ability-list/

Spoilers, obviously.
WOW! Thanks

While I THOUGHT I knew what most of these abilities did, some of the finer details on interactions you provided I would have never guessed.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 12-26-2017 at 08:11 PM.

12-26-2017, 09:54 PM
So, is this game like Imbroglio but with undefined and discoverable wands/powers? If that is the case, I don't a reason to drop a fiver if it plays similarly. What other unique selling points that separate this from his other great games?

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
12-26-2017, 10:39 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I'd say it's more comparable to 868-Hack. Almost like a mix of 868 and Zaga 33. But still completely its own beast. Even if you own every MB roguelike, I'd fully recommend dropping the fiver. Knowing how much gameplay I've got (and still have yet to get) out of all his previous games, $5 is a steal.
The complete randomness of the effects attributed to each wand you're given and how they interact with eachother - it's very reminiscent of the Ossuary expansion from Imbroglio. So maybe a mixture of all of his previous roguelike/dungeon crawlers... With a bunch of new ideas thrown on top and polished to perfection. =D
I'd be absolutely shocked if this isn't on whatever iDevice I have 3-4 years from now.
=P
12-26-2017, 11:00 PM
If you’ve played any roguelikes at all, he’s taken the identification mini game and turned it into the complete game. So you’ve effectively got the 5 uses of each of your wands (maybe more?) to figure out the 5 effects each wand does. If you use the wand in a way that activates the effect, it’ll add the icon to the wand.
12-27-2017, 12:31 AM
So have any of you more skilled players managed to snag an artifact or 2? I have yet to get 1 and am curious, is it simply a spare persistent wand or some clever persistent passive ability as long as you keep your current streak going?

My iTunes Reviews
12-27-2017, 12:34 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
So have any of you more skilled players managed to snag an artifact or 2? I have yet to get 1 and am curious, is it simply a spare persistent wand or some clever persistent passive ability as long as you keep your current streak going?
I got one. One game. If I'm remembering correctly (sorry, I have the flu and have been taking quite a bit of cough syrup... Hehe) you get to chose between one of three abilities. I think you can only use it once. I don't know if it's once every game (every loop/5 levels) or if it's just a one time use ability because I died the stage after using it...
=X
Sorry... Not much help... I know... I'm still trying to get my head completely wrapped around the game... =P
Typical MB, yah? Hehe...

:;:2016 GOTY:;: Imbroglio
:;:2017 GOTY (So far...):;: Danmaku Unlimited 3
12-27-2017, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I got one. One game. If I'm remembering correctly (sorry, I have the flu and have been taking quite a bit of cough syrup... Hehe) you get to chose between one of three abilities. I think you can only use it once. I don't know if it's once every game (every loop/5 levels) or if it's just a one time use ability because I died the stage after using it...
=X
Sorry... Not much help... I know... I'm still trying to get my head completely wrapped around the game... =P
Typical MB, yah? Hehe...
Get well, there are wands to discover!

Another question for the pro players, does Esquecer (the one showing the side profile of a guy’s head with an X through it) remove an ability from a wand OR merely its denotation until rediscovered? Like say a wand had “Frog Instakill” and after the Equecer effect kicked in the frog killing icon disappeared. Would it mean it no longer instantly killed frogs or that, until I use it on another frog, that ability just isn’t shown on that wand?

My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 12-27-2017 at 01:07 AM.
12-27-2017, 02:27 AM
why a game like that is not in english ? its a mistake ?

i think if the developer would give some user difficult, he can just put the text like :

@&€€@& @&€€&

but not in portuguese....
12-27-2017, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I'd say it's more comparable to 868-Hack. Almost like a mix of 868 and Zaga 33.
=P
Thanks, I was looking for this I'm a bigger fan of 868-Hack (also because of the hacker aesthetic) - than of imbroglio - and by looks I would have mistaken this for more of an imbroglio.

*sigh* "opens app store..."