★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-11-2018, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivafringe View Post
1. The frogs that spawn at the end of your level are your friends. You know where they will spawn, so you can usually safely fire spare wands into it and use that info for future levels.

2. Try to arrange things so that you can just take out Shrimp with your autoattack rather than wand abilities. You want to scout for the frog/lizard specific kill spells, if possible.

3. If you get into a situation where two monsters are going to hit you in the same turn, you messed up somewhere earlier.

4. The wall abilities are some of the most important to scout for. If I took 2 or more damage I prefer to scout for healing from the bottom wall. If I’ve discovered a way to make treasure I prefer to scout for the refresh ability from the top wall. Otherwise (and usually) I prefer the right wall. Honestly though a big factor is just the wall that the frog spawns on.

5. There are some secondary checkboxes in my head when it comes to scouting. You can’t always meet these but you should try if it’s relatively easy:
a. It’s better for the monster to be at the end of your beam’s path rather than the middle or beginning, to scout for “Alvo Preciso”, the one that instant kills if the monster is at the end of your path.
b. It’s better to fire through the center if you can, to scout for O Terremoto.
c. It’s better to fire into a 3-wall enclosure if possible, to scout for Tesouro Escondido.

6. Remember negative information. Let’s say a wand passes through a frog and does nothing. You should prefer to not use that same wand again when you fight another frog! Similarly, from the 2nd level onwards, try to fire spare wands at a wall you haven’t fired them at yet.

7. All this being said, you can still quite easily die on the first level to unlucky Polymorph/Duplicate/Teleport shenanigans. The best way to insure yourself is to make sure you’re getting lots of artifacts.
Awesome tips! You might want to add them to your guide or at least a link to them at the start.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-11-2018, 09:33 PM
Can anyone give me the new update notes in English ! =] thanks

01-11-2018, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by esty8nine View Post
Can anyone give me the new update notes in English ! =] thanks
Exactly what I'm looking for as well.

I'll happily Google Translate it myself once I can get a "copyable" form of said text here:
http://appshopper.com/games/cinco-paus

Ahh, okay, here's what Google translate says:

small version:
- a wand may have no more than five charges.
- I noticed a problem when the wizard is toxic.
- When artifacts have all the improvements, five gems gives a treasure.
- Garbage Can can reuse Escape Jacket in the same action.
- I noticed a problem with Protect against Ghosts.

Not totally sure what some of these lines mean, but at least a few of these points seem pretty clear.

My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 01-12-2018 at 08:17 AM.
01-13-2018, 09:08 PM
I started a Let's Play and will upload one video a day. Here's the first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-8x...0a0vIiQl5g2C2r
01-13-2018, 10:44 PM
Quote:
I started a Let's Play and will upload one video a day. Here's the first video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-8x...0a0vIiQl5g2C2r
Good bite sized fun full of useful strats.

Your current highscore of a 50 run streak for over 2k is OBSCENE!

My iTunes Reviews
01-14-2018, 12:26 PM
Haha, thanks. It definitely involved some good luck with nice creature abilities, good artifacts and some crazy duplicate levels where I scored a ton at once.
01-16-2018, 03:26 PM
So does the game end at 50 games? I noticed the highest of high scores are all listed as having been achieved in 50 games. Just curious, since I'm pretty sure I'll never reach those heights myself.
01-16-2018, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guise View Post
So does the game end at 50 games? I noticed the highest of high scores are all listed as having been achieved in 50 games. Just curious, since I'm pretty sure I'll never reach those heights myself.
Don't ask me, I died on the 50th game

Lol.

But yes it looks like 50 is the end, the others on the leaderboard with 50 still have Vivo as status, so they were still alive. (Me, morto)
01-16-2018, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjaff View Post

Don't ask me, I died on the 50th game

Lol.

But yes it looks like 50 is the end, the others on the leaderboard with 50 still have Vivo as status, so they were still alive. (Me, morto)
Thanks, xjaff! Great score, by the way. I'm slowly but surely improving--my goal at this point is to get an artifact. That'll feel like major progress to me.
01-16-2018, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Thanks - that helped take me to the next (still appallingly bad) next level