★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

One Handed gamer looking for more games with controls like Playdead's Inside

12-28-2017, 07:14 PM
One Handed gamer looking for more games with controls like Playdead's Inside

I recently lost my left arm, so gaming has been difficult. I was thrilled to find that Playdead's "Inside" only required one hand to play!! swipe left to go left, swipe up to jump, hold down on the screen for an action, etc..... It was easily played with one thumb Are there any other IOS games out there with controls like that? Thanks very much, Adam
12-28-2017, 11:16 PM
I like one handed games also. Most of them seem to be strategy games or board/card games though... some I have on my phone now are...
Lost Portal
Night of the Full Moon
868 Hack
Rogue Wizards
Plague Inc
REDCON
Eufloria
Templar Battleforce
Last Warlock

There's plenty more I'm missing... p.s. they'll probably move this thread into 'general games and discussion' so if it goes missing, look there... hope I helped a little...🙂

12-29-2017, 12:09 AM
Never played that game, but here are games I think you can play with one hand

Thumb Drift
Tap Hero
One Tap Tennis
Chip Chain
Dungelot Shattered Lands
Hue Ball
Domino Drop
Mind the Blox
Hoplite
Tomb of the Mask
Harald: A game of influence
Card Crawl
Miracle Merchant
Flip Flop Solitaire
Jaipur
Donsol
Swap Sword
Drop7
Don't Grind
Puzzle Sweeper
Solitairica
12-29-2017, 02:07 AM
Don't know what your preferences are, but pretty much anything not realtime-based should be ok for you; particularly if you do not mind moving your hand/arm more to reach controls (like bottom middle of the screen on the Pro, that location sucks ).
Gamebooks, strategy and tactics games, some RPGs (but turnbased sadly get rarer in that genre), even some realtime games like Undersea.

I mostly play strategy/tactics and RPGs, so if you like those, I can recommend:
- Anything from Wavelight Games
- Anything from Spiderweb Games
- King of Dragon Pass
- Planar Conquest
- Warhammer Quest 2
- Ticket to Earth
- Predynastic Egypt
- Codex of Victory
- Starbase Orion
- Templar Battleforce
- Civilisation 6, if you like the Civ series
- the 3 singleplayer Braveland games (but not the new multiplayer one)

Oh, and Nimian Legends Brightridge: it's a fantastic-looking realtime exploration game, where you can place your controls anywhere you like on the screen.
12-29-2017, 04:20 PM
Thank you sooo much guys! Iím new to mobile gamer (used to mainly be a console gamer). So almost everything on those lists is new to me and should keep me busy for quite a while trying them out! Iíve never done much turn based gaming other than some old final fantasy stuff. But Iím definitely open to exploring and adapting to some new platforms. Thanks again it is very much appreciated!
12-29-2017, 05:18 PM
My pleasure. Oh, and welcome to TA, if a bit late.
Forgot one: The Quest and its expansions, by Zarista Games and my second-favorite kitty, Catacomber. The graphics are nothing to write home about, pretty oldschool. But the gameplay is great and pretty deep.
12-29-2017, 06:20 PM
Jack n Jill is a nice platformer. Just press the screen to jump. Great gameboy style graphics as well
12-29-2017, 09:55 PM
Welcome

Crashlands and Dawn of Crafting

You wonít be sorry
I hope you find something you can enjoy and sorry for your loss.
12-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Hope this doesn't sound insensitive, but did you enjoy twin-stick shooters like Geometry Wars? If so, send me a message here. I'm finally getting back to mobile dev (just updated all my old iOS games and made them 100% free - no ads, no IAP BS) and I've been working on something that could loosely be described as "like Geometry Wars but you can play one handed"
12-30-2017, 11:33 AM
Thanks guys!!! That's a great list!! If there's one positive about being late to the mobile gaming party, it's almost all these games are new to me! Lots of good choices out there, which is wayyy better than i could've hoped for!! Thank you