★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-07-2018, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Not trying to be harsh but it sure feels like a half-assed CCG game using licensed art assets from Pavio. The simultaneous turns is clever but beyond that it feels sooo generic.
I hate to agree, I had some hype for this game because of how absolutely compulsively I played Pathfinder Adventures for a year straight +
I knew it was going to be along the lines of Hearthstone, but just definitely expected more with the ONE card game that seperates itself by initially going to exact opposite direction of most other card games 😕
01-07-2018, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychaeus View Post
I hate to agree, I had some hype for this game because of how absolutely compulsively I played Pathfinder Adventures for a year straight +
I knew it was going to be along the lines of Hearthstone, but just definitely expected more with the ONE card game that seperates itself by initially going to exact opposite direction of most other card games ��
Again, just looking at the other offerings of 37Game, it feels like a dev company with possibly deep pockets but not a lot of originality or vision.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-08-2018, 10:41 AM
To be fair i played the game somewhat reluctantly but liked the game mechanics where position of cards is essential too. One main negative is gameplay is too long, still i created a guild called empire if any prefer to play please join with me, but there is no chat system or recruiting system in the game.
01-10-2018, 01:05 AM
If you can get far enough in to unlock the story chapters you can get access to some really good cards and the depth of the game starts to show however you have to throw yourself into pvp. As I've climbed ranks I've noticed there are definitely a few classes that seem to stand out. The investigator has some crazy synergy between its class specific summons that can easily take over the board unless you have access to mass removal. The cleric gets a wrath of god like card but the other classes are stuck with single target or random ranges of damage that may or may not do the trick.

If you are just starting out I'd stick with the magus for pvp. At a certain point you unlock a 2/1 demon that pings you and adds a random demon to your hand at the end of the turn. This is the first pure card advantage engine you'll come across and if you can keep it alive a few turns you can get way ahead.

I started a guild called Red Mantis (if you are paizo/pathfinder fan you'll know who they are) and am looking for members!
01-14-2018, 01:16 AM
Just painfully discovered this myself as well, like you cant even get past the first minute of the tutorial as the buttons are completely obscured :/ its not optimised for the X at all