★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-13-2018, 01:36 PM
I managed a win in the Steam version, but the other games (about 10-15) ended in a loss or a draw (which is a loss, I know).

This issue could be easily resolved by adding a 'campaign' of sorts to the game where you get to play all the books in a row and where a fixed (or one of a set of fixed) gameboard and player hand is presented. Bonus points if they present it in an 'Easy, Medium, Hard' setup.
01-13-2018, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan View Post
Wel, I'm sad to see this game go, but I see no point in continuing to play it until the developers do a little more testing for balance. The game is unwinnable in its current form. It is really a shame since there is so much potential there, but just a little testing would have reveleled the insufficient Fate problem. I'd even pay for an IAP for "Winnable Game" at this point, but otherwise, it's getting deleted. Sad.
Sorry, but I have issues with your arrogance.

Yes, this is a tough game, to be sure, but it is a direct port of a physical card game hundreds have loved.

It isn't that the game is "broken", it's that YOU are having a tough time with it.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-13-2018, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Sorry, but I have issues with your arrogance.

Yes, this is a tough game, to be sure, but it is a direct port of a physical card game hundreds have loved.

It isn't that the game is "broken", it's that YOU are having a tough time with it.
Look in the App Store reviews. Any game that is Unwinnable on “easy” is unacceptable. Some basic testing would show that the balance is atrocious. It could be simply reemidied, and for a physical game, that’s user fixable (just set the game with 17 Fate, for example). In a digital game, only the developer can fix that.

If you enjoy an impossible game, then that option is already there. The “normal” and “wizard” settings are already there. All I’m asking for is a winnable “easy” level. Until then, I’ve deleted the game, but I am sad to see a game with such potential ruined.
01-13-2018, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan View Post
Look in the App Store reviews. Any game that is Unwinnable on “easy” is unacceptable. Some basic testing would show that the balance is atrocious. It could be simply reemidied, and for a physical game, that’s user fixable (just set the game with 17 Fate, for example). In a digital game, only the developer can fix that.

If you enjoy an impossible game, then that option is already there. The “normal” and “wizard” settings are already there. All I’m asking for is a winnable “easy” level. Until then, I’ve deleted the game, but I am sad to see a game with such potential ruined.
Okay, fair enough.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews