★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-11-2018, 11:50 AM
@dev: I've seen at least two games initially coming with small sliders, (can't grip a name though; one of them was a sidescrolling shooter), which changed to just using certain screen areas to everybody's delight. Personally I too think that solution fits way better to touchscreen devices in general.

That's why lots of one or two button games don't struggle with buttons anymore at all. Left side jump, right side shoot, Bingo. No need to watch your thumbs.

If there have to be buttons, say for different weapons, people love them being customizable. Preferably in size And place. Because, you know, every thumb is different.

(My thumbs for example are very muscular, because I started giving thumbs ups to everyone I see when I was 12. Not a big deal at that time, given that I lived in the countryside. But some years later I moved into the city, and ..., oh well, here I am, asking for bigger buttons ... )

Ferb, I know what we are gonna do today!
01-11-2018, 01:57 PM
Please direct all off-topic arguing here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=316079

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA

01-11-2018, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTourist View Post
I really want to like it but whats up with the tiny fire button (mis-tapping gets me killed constantly). And most of the enemies are pretty much invisible against the background because the levels are so darkly lit. And its punishingly difficult.
You can light up the environment by throwing molotov cocktails or flares. The darkness is by design.
It's also punishingly difficult by design, much like the Dark Souls series.

That doesn't mean you have to like the game, just pointing this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathogen541 View Post
I stand by previous statement. Sarcastic retorts and constant criticism is not what we are here for. Get over yourself.
Well, I stand by the fact that you're being hyperbolic about the hate in this thread, and not contributing anything to the discussion. The launch version of the game has some issues, which are dealbreakers for some. That's not uncommon for a PC port that wasn't designed from the ground up for touch controls. And while I haven't seen you do this (others in this thread have), it is not valid to say "well I'm not having any issues and the controls are fine" as a way of belittling someone's feedback. That's simply confirmation bias in action.

The game is not stable on some devices/ OS versions, and that should be investigated.
Likewise, the controls are not well-optimized for mobile. People seem to be having a better experience on phones, but the small slider and finicky button response is especially noticeably on tablets. Virtual controls in fixed positions are never a great solution on touch devices, where players lack tactile feedback to know their fingers are positioned correctly.

These issues are easily resolved in a game that is otherwise stellar, and naturally you may or may not be affected by either one.
01-11-2018, 04:55 PM
Game is a bit tedious after a while IMHO.
Since you cannot permanently upgrade dmg, you are often relying on the free upgrade when you cannot finish a single wave.
01-12-2018, 01:41 PM
The update fixed the error msgs I was getting and I can now blast away and have fun.

Love the lighting FX and how they light up the darkness!

Not disappointed!!!

Thx for the fix!
01-13-2018, 07:06 PM
Its very good for the price though
01-15-2018, 03:10 AM
How can you kill the first boss? One mistake and it's over... tried several of the passive and active skills/items.
01-15-2018, 07:51 AM
Worth for iPhone ?
01-15-2018, 06:28 PM
I played on iPhone and it was good
01-26-2018, 01:08 PM
Devs, please update for iPhone X native full screen!!

Current games on my iPhone X: Evoland 2, Chrono Trigger, FFXV:PP, Dandara, Evoland, Oceanhorn, Cytus II, Kingdom: New Lands, Nexomon, Cat Quest, Iron Marines, Death Road to Canada, Clash Royale, Vainglory, Delta emulator... for now. https://twitter.com/LOVECRAFT_VG