★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Response to a PM:

On release, there's 18 levels. 4 of these are Nightmare levels. There's also Avalanche Mode, which is an endless, random mode comprised of 60 different slices. This makes Avalanche Mode comparable to the size of, say, Cubed Rally Racer.

Avalanche Mode and the Nightmares should have appeal to those that liked the harder difficulty bits of Hook Champ. Avalanche Mode is unlocked right after the tutorial. The Nightmares are unlocked by beating the developer scores in certain levels, but this is a pretty simple task if you're anywhere near ready to take on the harder levels.

We're submitting the first update to the game on Friday, the day after release. It will contain 4 new levels, with a Fungus and Acid theme. This will continue the racing mode and nightmare levels, and include increased difficulty.

Right as that update hits, we'll submit the second update. The first few updates should be steadily more difficult than the last one. However, after those first few updates, we plan on releasing a huge surprise. This huge surprise will appeal to all players, both the hardcore ones and those that just want to do the game at their own pace, not really caring about the Nightmare levels.

RocketCat Games: Creators of Death Road to Canada, Wayward Souls, Punch Quest, Mage Gauntlet and Hook Champ
Check out our new game Death Road to Canada at http://www.deathroadtocanada.com
@rocketcatgames on Twitter
06-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsxrule View Post
Yeah it's fine now, wish you released it everywhere at once tho, lol now I gotta wait 7 more hours
But It will be worth the wait
There's no way to do that. Your options are "release it simultaneously worldwide as soon as the app is approved" or "release it on this day, at midnight in each regional app store." It came out at 12:00 AM on Thursday the 17th in New Zealand, it just happens that in relative time, that's some 17 hours earlier than 12:00 AM, Thursday the 17th in the US.

Since they specifically wanted a weekend launch, the specified date is the way to go.

06-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSporkWithin View Post
There's no way to do that. Your options are "release it simultaneously worldwide as soon as the app is approved" or "release it on this day, at midnight in each regional app store." It came out at 12:00 AM on Thursday the 17th in New Zealand, it just happens that in relative time, that's some 17 hours earlier than 12:00 AM, Thursday the 17th in the US.

Since they specifically wanted a weekend launch, the specified date is the way to go.
Oh didn't know that

Touch Arcaders Against Piracy


06-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Super quack hook

Early morning UK news monkey for TouchArcade (I'm Rob). Follow me on Twitter @robfunnell3 for my eternal love.
06-16-2010, 03:38 PM
2 hours to go!!! AAAHH :-)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
06-16-2010, 03:38 PM
like 7-8 hrs here :0

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ
06-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznriceboi13 View Post
like 7-8 hrs here :0
I'm just going to feed myself roofies and wake up when it's available.

[EPIC SIGNATURE] shumby [/EPIC SIGNATURE]
06-16-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm hoping you can keep adding on more content to the Avalanche mode as this is the one part I'm really interested in.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I'm hoping you can keep adding on more content to the Avalanche mode as this is the one part I'm really interested in.
NO... though that was the original plan.

Instead, we're just going to make an entirely new Avalanche Mode. A second, harder one. About a month from now.

You'll be able to unlock it by either finishing all the Nightmare levels, or simply just getting a huge score in Avalanche Mode. If you're not interested in the racing/exploration style levels, you can literally just stay in Avalanche Mode or the upcoming second Mode, forever.

We kept the Hook Champ updates pretty secretive, but, pffft. We'll just keep screenshots under wraps for the next few updates, until they're just about released. Update 4 will be a huge secret, though. Not even the beta testers know what we're doing for that one, yet.

RocketCat Games: Creators of Death Road to Canada, Wayward Souls, Punch Quest, Mage Gauntlet and Hook Champ
Check out our new game Death Road to Canada at http://www.deathroadtocanada.com
@rocketcatgames on Twitter
06-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepa View Post
Response to a PM:

On release, there's 18 levels. 4 of these are Nightmare levels. There's also Avalanche Mode, which is an endless, random mode comprised of 60 different slices. This makes Avalanche Mode comparable to the size of, say, Cubed Rally Racer.

Avalanche Mode and the Nightmares should have appeal to those that liked the harder difficulty bits of Hook Champ. Avalanche Mode is unlocked right after the tutorial. The Nightmares are unlocked by beating the developer scores in certain levels, but this is a pretty simple task if you're anywhere near ready to take on the harder levels.

We're submitting the first update to the game on Friday, the day after release. It will contain 4 new levels, with a Fungus and Acid theme. This will continue the racing mode and nightmare levels, and include increased difficulty.

Right as that update hits, we'll submit the second update. The first few updates should be steadily more difficult than the last one. However, after those first few updates, we plan on releasing a huge surprise. This huge surprise will appeal to all players, both the hardcore ones and those that just want to do the game at their own pace, not really caring about the Nightmare levels.
Wow, I've got to say that Rocketcat games is Valve for the iphone, and not only with the awesome tendency to make great games greater with hats, but also with these incessant updates to make your games better, 1 update almost out the door already and another one right on the way, craziness.