★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Dang it!

I thought it had been released in the US early...

Which would be nice because I won't be able to play it later tomorrow.

Will just have to play Hook Champ tonight.

(BTW Kepa, thanks for releasing the game a day early! )
06-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepa View Post
Not even the beta testers know what we're doing for that one, yet.
AHHHHHHHHHH

so secretive

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

06-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepa View Post
NO... though that was the original plan.

Instead, we're just going to make an entirely new Avalanche Mode. A second, harder one. About a month from now.

You'll be able to unlock it by either finishing all the Nightmare levels, or simply just getting a huge score in Avalanche Mode. If you're not interested in the racing/exploration style levels, you can literally just stay in Avalanche Mode or the upcoming second Mode, forever.

We kept the Hook Champ updates pretty secretive, but, pffft. We'll just keep screenshots under wraps for the next few updates, until they're just about released. Update 4 will be a huge secret, though. Not even the beta testers know what we're doing for that one, yet.
Oh you! You scared me for a bit but go right ahead and add all the new Avalanche/Endless Modes you want as long as I can access them by only sticking to the various Endless modes as I really have no plans on playing (or at least not very deeply) in the set pieces.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSporkWithin View Post
There's no way to do that. Your options are "release it simultaneously worldwide as soon as the app is approved" or "release it on this day, at midnight in each regional app store." It came out at 12:00 AM on Thursday the 17th in New Zealand, it just happens that in relative time, that's some 17 hours earlier than 12:00 AM, Thursday the 17th in the US.

Since they specifically wanted a weekend launch, the specified date is the way to go.
Ok so enlighten me a bit here. How would a sale work? This is supposed to be an opening day sale, but where I live, my app store shares the time frame of the US app store. So that's another 6 hours to 11am GMT +8.

Does the sale get cut-off early to coincide with 24 hours in New Zealand or does every single different time zone for the app store get it's own 24 hours?
06-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Awesome game, can't wait to finally buy it in an hour or so when it comes out here
06-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbob View Post
no. the link is wrong, try it urself.
Sorry about that -- I assumed the link was to iTunes...
06-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by articulate View Post
Ok so enlighten me a bit here. How would a sale work? This is supposed to be an opening day sale, but where I live, my app store shares the time frame of the US app store. So that's another 6 hours to 11am GMT +8.

Does the sale get cut-off early to coincide with 24 hours in New Zealand or does every single different time zone for the app store get it's own 24 hours?
Oh, the actual discount lasts awhile. Probably around a week. The time-limited thing is the hats. We just bumped up the hat deal to end on the 19th at like 3 am. This is to catch as many time zones as possible.

RocketCat Games: Creators of Death Road to Canada, Wayward Souls, Punch Quest, Mage Gauntlet and Hook Champ
Check out our new game Death Road to Canada at http://www.deathroadtocanada.com
@rocketcatgames on Twitter
06-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by articulate View Post

As far as I've been able to figure out, price changes take place "immediately." The quotes are because it can take several hours for them to take place, and sometimes it will change in one region but not another, seemingly with no rhyme or reason. The short answer is that the sale will end when it ends. Yes New Zealand will have had extra time to purchase it, but the sale will presumable be ended at a time that makes sense to the US, as it's the largest app store.
06-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Ok for someone who has been apparently under a rock this whole time (though I have been waiting for the game mind you) the hats for this weekend are - earned, purchased in the game store, automatic.....?
06-16-2010, 04:29 PM
the hats are unlocked by you buying the game early, then you would buy the hats inside the shop with in game currency

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ