List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA

Wow! I can't believe how long it has been since the first episode of Journey Down came out. And of course I still haven't played it yet.

2. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Lol, 5 years is a long time not to play a game :)

At least now you could enjoy the whole trilogy - Maybe you can do it until 2022 ;)

3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    You think that's bad, you ought how old some of the DVDs are that I've bought and never even unwrapped :rolleyes:

4. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    #6764 GlitchGames, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    As always I can't wait. Real interesting promotional technique this time around :)

6. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thanks!

Haha yea, we tried something different. It wasn't as successful as we had originally hoped but it sure was fun making the site :)

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    It was very clever. The problem is it just felt like a prank (or something actually serious and really weird), and if you're like me and not so smart, I just took it as spam and tossed it :rolleyes:

8. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Trust me, you're not the only one to have assumed it was spam. As far as I can tell everyone thought it was :)

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    The important thing is the game itself, and there's no reason to expect that it won't be great :D

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    If anyone is interested, The Frostrune is currently free (at least in the U.S.).

11. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    We'll do our best not to disappoint :)

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Personally, I'd think you'd actually have to make an effort if you WANTED to disappoint ;)

13. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Well in that case we'll make sure to make the least effort as possible with this game :D

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas (or post-Christmas, depending on where you live). I'm sure there were a lot of great sales over the holidays, but I haven't been paying close enough attention. However, one I did notice was Tin Man Games, which you can check out here: Tin Man on the App Store. Pretty sure everything of theirs is on sale.

16. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #6776 Gambler, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Hi guys,

discovered an absolutely great Point and Click adventure released last year by Wadjet Eye Games. If you are familiar with them, they're one of, if not THE leading dev for pixelstyle PnC adventures.

An absolute gem, top notch puzzles, enticing story, great length. Link: Technobabylon

If you even only like Point and Click adventures one bit and don't mind (very good) pixel graphics then by all means give it a shot. You won't be disappointed!

Edit: Also very cool, you often can decide between different actions that alter the story + two different endings! Even replay value, this game's got it all ;)

17. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #6777 Gambler, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Yay! A new Glitch game is always something to look forward to. Bless the Glitch Bros for their regular High Quality Adventure releases! ;)

18. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thank you very much for saying so! We posted some new screenshots yesterday too https://www.glitchgames.co.uk/veritas-update/

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    as always the graphics look fabulous. The only thing I'd say is that while I'm sure it's all about atmosphere, a couple of the shots were dark enough it was kind of hard to tell what was going on. Still can't wait for this game.

20. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Same here :D

Discovered four cool little dark adventure games - Played the first one so far. Scary atmosphere, cool puzzles, was rather short though. But they're all free with a few ads (which can be turned off with an iAP): Forgotten Hills