Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by rjpogi1, Jun 14, 2011.

1. rjpogi1

rjpogi1 Active Member

Dec 13, 2010
    since the leak of info that EA is developing battlefield3 and masseffect3 for mobile. https://twitter.com/#!/RonTailor/status/65874131433947137

ios haters said that it's going to be a handheld version not ios.

lo and behold. in e3 announced battlefield3 for ios!

now. when do you think EA will officially announce masseffect3 for iOS?

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I don't know, But Considering number 2 is on IOS i think number 3 would be.

It seems like all the games EA make now are coming to IOS.

I don't get the IOS Haters. They make up some reason as to why IOS sucks but have never had a iDevice.

Do they not realize that its the Biggest Games Store and Biggest Music Market? That IOS has had more Downloads than any other Device? That GameCenter has a huge more users than XBox Live?

Now you IOS Haters, Why would there be that much Downloads, That much users and People that have iDevices saying they are great, if they were (Like you claim) Bad? Huh?

Trust me explaining this to them is like talking to a wall. All they say is "It Doesn't have COD(Not Zombies) So it sucks" Oh wooptydooo it doesn't have COD, Well does your device have Fruit Ninja, Infinity Blade, Real Racing 2? The thing is the IOS devices bring something new to the board. A slice mechanic and the feeling that the game is in your hands.

Ok enough of me ranting on, Back on topic.

I would expect this and all of EA's announced games to come onto IOS.

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    This better turn out to be more like Dead Space and less like BFBC2 in terms of graphics and controls.

4. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #4 dumaz1000, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
    I don't think the true essence of Mass Effect is doable on the iDevice. I'd love EA to prove me wrong, but I really don't think it's possible.

Battlefield is possible, what will EA do it? I don't know.

Bottom line is just because they slap on the names "Mass Effect" and "Battlefield" doesn't neccessarily mean that they will be faithful recreations of the franchises.

Just look at the iOS versions of Mass Effect Galaxy, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Scarface and Star Wars: Force Unleashed. While all of those games are on the iOS, none of them are anything like their console counterparts.

EA has proven with Dead Space that it's possible, at least on some level. There is no multiplayer component to Dead Space and the game is only 2 hours long, but it's still a significant accomplishment.

I just don't believe that a true Mass Effect can be done. I think its too grand a level, too grand a scale.

As far as iOS haters. The true iOS haters and major companies, because those companies want to be properly compensated for the massive developmental cycle of their games. Just ask Activision, amongst many other multi-platforms devs/publishers who want nothing to do with iOS development. EA should be commended for going against the grain here and supporting mobile gaming the way that they do.

5. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    I'm not 100% sure that is correct. Like Dumaz said, a proper Mass Effect 3 game is not possible on the iPhone and iPod. Only the iPad 2. And it wouldn't be all that good imo. Mass Effect is a fantastic series that I think is amazing on consoles and bringing it to the iDevices will be hard. If they can pull it off then great. But if it fails, it will fail hard.

6. rjpogi1

rjpogi1 Active Member

Dec 13, 2010
    i think with a proper dev. EA can bring a "bite" size experience of mass effect 3 for i devices. just look at deadspace ios. it's short because it's a mobile iteration but still awesome and playable in multiple runs, and with updates (eventhough i hate inapp DLC) it can make the game "fresh". hell even with bad graphics BFBC2 has even better story than what gameloft can offer, so i think EA mobile is in good direction here.

7. Theassassinator

Theassassinator Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    I could see them just doing a"mass effect galaxy" type game, but the name would be "mass effect 3", i agree with dumaz1000, that a mass effect probably can't be done in such a way as it is done on the consoles. However, if they made a iOS version that is even 10% the game on console's, i'd be happy.