Confused: The Quest

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Rangerlump, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I have The Quest-Gold, and I have seen several new releases. What else do I need to purchase to get the "complete" experience? Also, I heard te addons will merge, however I have never had experience with this.

Any clarification would be geatly appreciated....

2. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I don't have the gold edition, but i'm pretty sure you need to but mithril horde. Just download the expansion, open it, then you can go back to the main app and it should have added to it.

3. JBOO777

JBOO777 Active Member

Apr 21, 2009
    All you do is open the expansion game. In the menu there is an option to enable expansion in the quest. Click on it and it will open the quest and directions will pop up.

4. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    The Quest Gold includes the first three expansions, which are: Hero of Lukomorye 1 and 2, and Islands of Ice and Fire. There have been two more expansions since, which are Mithril Horde and Hero of Lukomorye 3. I'm pretty sure that's it but I could be wrong, I haven't actually bought it yet, I've just been doing "preliminary research." :p

5. Kaos999

Kaos999 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    You're correct. All up, there's about 200 hours of gameplay for less than $20.

6. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    If you want the full experience that is coming, it's better to have the base game The Quest, cause we are working on a lot of expansions for iphone but they won't be playable with a save file from the Quest Gold from what I've been told. Not my fault. : )

7. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    That's incorrect:

8. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    My understanding is--unless I'm wrong--and I hope I am--

you can install any of the expansions into either--yes, there's no question about that

---BUT can you transfer your save file from the Quest to the Quest Gold or vice versa

if you've played the Quest and the official expansion and then purchase and install the Quest Gold, can you transfer your save file from the Quest--I understand you can't but if that's wrong, I'm very happy to be corrected. : ) Naturally I'm happy if as many people as can are exploring the expansions as possible.

9. Kaos999

Kaos999 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Australia
    Why would an expansion work on The Quest but not The Quest Gold?

I really hope this doesn't happen.

10. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #10 Catacomber, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
    They are two different applications--two different files. I'm just reporting what I was told. Maybe someone could try it? I can't.

The answer is very simple--I'll write Elendil at Redshift. I wrote him--and it's not a question of an expansion working on either file but whether your SAVE FILE from one works on the other. I will find out. : )

11. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    It's not a question of an expansion working--but of your SAVE FILE from one to the other working--I wrote Elendil--let's see what he says.

12. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Elendil's answer--which is positive:

Well, of course you can use the save file, if you have enabled all the expansions in The Quest which are in the Gold. There is then no difference between The Quest and Gold, apart from the main menu background graphics. :)

But you can't transfer the save files from one game to the other from withing the games, of course. You have to jailbreak, which is messy and might even cause problems with the game . . . . .

[Jailbreaking is not recommended.] : )

13. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    You can either buy The Quest and all the expansions or The Quest Gold, Mithril Horde and HOLIII.

In either case you'll have the full experience and you can start a character and play through from the very beginning up to the end of the latest expansion (HOLIII).

You can then enable any new expansions which will come out in both of the games and continue with your existing character.

There is no difference between The Quest and the Gold, apart from the graphics background in the main menu, and the fact that the first three expansions are already enabled in the Gold.

14. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #14 Catacomber, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
    So now I understand you cannot transfer your save file from the Quest to the Quest Gold or from the Quest Gold to the Quest. That is not a biggie, imho but I got some emails asking about that and that is as far as I understand it the answer.

You can enable all the expansions in either the Quest or the Quest Gold but you can't transfer a save file back and forth from the Quest to the Quest Gold or from the Quest Gold to the Quest. I don't see where that is a problem but I got enough emails asking that it was a question I had to resolve. : )

Anyway I think you will have enough fun either if you have the Quest and enable the expansions or if you have the Quest Gold and enable the expansions. : ) But keep in mind your save file hangs with where you start out. : )