iPad Starband Troopers: an upcoming Rogue-like musical RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by djuwidja, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djuwidja

djuwidja New Member

#1 djuwidja, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    Hi all,

We at Brownie Interactive Studio proudly present you our first upcoming Rogue-Like Musical adventure: Starband Troopers!

[​IMG]

The game is many things combined. It is a roleplaying game with a twist in the battle system using beat game mechanic. It is a sci-fi themed epic story with instruments and musics weaponized. It is also a rogue-like adventure and so every journeys are different!

The game uses music beat game to replace the skill picking feature of battle system from tradition RPG like FF7. You will pick a skill by linking band members with the correct instrument combination together to perform an ensemble. The performance of this ensemble will have great effect on the outcome of the skill.

[​IMG]

On the other hand, the game also generate the events that you will encounter, with the exception of a few "story nodes". We hope to make the game more replayable by doing so. The game also have 110 skills, 60 augmentations (passive buffs) and 9 instruments to choose from for those who like to customize their band.

We are a two men studio and had already worked on this game since March. We are working hard to meet our goal to release the game before Christmas!

Please tell us what you think!

Additional Info:
    blog
    Facebook page

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    2 of my favorite genres combined? Count me in! :D

3. djuwidja

djuwidja New Member

Thanks!

Glad it appeals to you!

We are currently running an Indiegogo campaign. If you are interested, look it up and help us spread the word!

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

You took the words right outta my mouth. How do you do that every time?