Battle for Wesnoth [SUBMITTED] - massive TBS with 300+ hours of gameplay!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kyle Poole, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Poole

Kyle Poole Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Battle for Wesnoth is the official port of a gigantic, complex and detailed full-scale strategy-RPG. We made sure that nothing was cut from the game, everything from flags flapping to skeletons juggling their heads, it's all here!

-------

"I had no idea this was coming to iphone - - - - a m a z i n g. All hail the new king of TBS... with cross platform multiplayer! this game already has a huge cult following and active userbase. .......im stunned...... " - donner

"It's a huge, sprawling, deep and involving game with dozens of campaigns (not missions - CAMPAIGNS, with persistent-leveling characters and even some branching and multiple difficulty modes), each of which is a full games length in of itself." - Dominic White

"Hands down, thats exactly the TBS I'm looking for... this one is a must buy for me." - MrDark

-------

Wesnoth is a unique combination of tactical strategy RPGs like Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Panzer General, and Final Fantasy Tactics. Using your hero, you need to capture villages to gain income, and recruit new units to do battle. These units gain experience through combat and can level up into powerful new classes. But make sure to protect your veteran troops, as they can be recalled throughout a campaign!

To find out more about the game or to play the PC/Mac version for free, please visit http://www.wesnoth.org

FEATURES

• Almost 200 campaign scenarios across 14 major campaigns - literally hundreds of hours of gameplay!!
    • Over 200 fully animated unit types in six major factions, all with distinctive abilities, weapons and spells
    • Experienced units gain powerful new abilities as they advance
    • Bring your battle-hardened troops with you as you fight through campaigns
    • Highly detailed and varied terrain graphics
    • Cross-platform multiplayer matches against iPhone, PC, mac and linux players!
    • Professional music score with 90 minutes of original music
    • Cute little zombie dwarves

Battle for Wesnoth is in active development and will also feature regular free content updates. The first update, entitled "Invasion of the Unknown", will include almost 150 new unit types and 24 campaign missions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the new waiting thread as we patiently wait for approval :D

2. FinalGamerAC

FinalGamerAC Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Ohio
    Awesome game for the computer my only complaint was that some of the maps actually felt to big. Just a question which I am unaware if it was answered before, will the idevice version be free or paid? I don't mind either way just curious.

3. Kyle Poole

Apr 28, 2009
    It is $4.99 with proceeds going back into the Wesnoth project. There will also be a single-player free version with a full 9-mission campaign.

4. MadMoney

MadMoney Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    holy crap how may m/b is this

5. Kyle Poole

Apr 28, 2009
    It's around 190mb... so make sure to keep some free space, delete some songs you never listen to or something :p

6. Mudkipz223

Mudkipz223 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Atlantis
    Woot, I can't wait until it's live! :D

7. MadMoney

MadMoney Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    defintly gonna buy this when it comes out

8. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Great to hear that it is finally submitted kyle:)

9. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    xD

Insta Insta buy! Great news. :D

10. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Great to hear it's been submitted! Can't wait for it to be approved! :D

11. jonlink

jonlink Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    Sasquatch
    Japan
    how about a gameplay video?

12. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas

13. monkeys37

monkeys37 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Looks like the RTS game I've been waiting for. Very excited.

14. FinalGamerAC

FinalGamerAC Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Ohio
    Its RPG-TBS not RTS.

15. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    drat, for a minute i thought this was an rpg. seems more like a HOMM game. for some reason i got tired of those after the first 2. but i wish them luck with those that love the genre.

16. yoman

yoman Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Something to look forward to..

I also will purchase this as soon as it comes out. Battle for Wesnoth will be the best RPG-TBS on the app store period..... Nothing else will come close to depth of strategy and maps.

17. monkeys37

monkeys37 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Whoops, looks like the TBS game I've been waiting for then. The strategy part is really the critical part to me.

18. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Sweet vid. If i could only get the screen to fit on my netbook too. Oh well i still got my desktop and soon iTouch! ;)

19. jonlink

jonlink Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    Sasquatch
    Japan
    Thanks for the video. Looks like this game has come a long way since I first tried it out 3 years ago.

20. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Is it just me or does the 4th screenshot showing the Desert Archer attacking the Bat not have the damage calculations for each weapon? If I remember correctly, when you choose a weapon to attack with, there is a button that says Damage Calculations and it shows details about your attack. Just wondering because I didn't see this but I haven't played Wesnoth in awhile so I could just be crazy. And even if it didn't have that feature, the game would still rock, just being picky :p.