Having Writers block? Need game idea?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by dbhjed, Dec 3, 2010.

1. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    #1 dbhjed, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
    I have a good idea for a card game type game for the iOS, but I do not have money or the knowledge to make a game for iOS. I would not any credit or money for the game.

You might also have to look into copyrights but I think the way I would want to change the game should be enough.

Please PM me. Only serious PM please.

This would also be a good multiplayer game like "Words with Friends" or "Uniwar" with the asynchronous aspect.

Basic Aspect for the game:

Cards game
    - Random Deck
    - Keep track of card
    Decent graphic (involves moving)
    Multiplayer would be a big plus
    Might need to look into a copyright

EDIT: Looked into it looks like there might BE a big issue with Copyrights. So I guess another thing would be have someone that could look into how much something has to change before that isn't an issue

2. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I'm no expert, but I had looked into copyrights for games at one point. If I understand you correctly, you want to only take some gameplay elements from another game. I think this should be OK, as long as your version of the game doesn't look similar to the other game (i.e. the appearance, name, story, the instruction manual of a game may be trademarked and/or copyrighted, but gameplay is probably not).