Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-30-2013, 06:51 PM

game is great... but has a very HARSH paywall...

can't get anywhere without paying money.. earning gold is too slow.. I was really into the game when i first started playing.. then realized I couldnt evolve or capture anymore monsters... and so its been sitting there, and once in a while i hop in hoping to get some gold, but I end up quitting the app in about 5 minutes.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:14 PM

Game has a huge pay wall, you can't play for more tan 15 mins without paying. Gold drains insanely fast and even more crazy to collect it.

The game is quite nice, but Jesus... It's PAYWALL OVERLOAD. either get ready to pay a lot and often or don't bother

Last edited by raulriera; 07-31-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Old 07-30-2013, 10:04 PM

Love the art direction, loved playing the game until I hit the paywall after about 20 minutes.

deleted awhile ago, saw this thread and was hoping that that had been tweaked.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:47 PM

Hey guys, we have been listening to a lot of feedback and we have been working on a pretty big update that should make a lot of people happy as far as the in-app purchases are concerned. Should be live next week.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:43 AM

I would love to try it again, thanks for listening.

Personally I'm not a big fan of IAP, but understand that it is the way (unfortunately) gaming is heading.

If you look at the most successful IAP games it seems that the 'paywall' isn't placed in front of the player immediately - even then the benefit from the items bought have to significantly add to the game but don't impede it, if the paywall is felt to break the flow of a game people wont keep playing - there are literally hundreds of thousands of other options currently.

pet collection games are fun and there a a number out there that supplement the cost by IAP by letting the player 'roll' or play against a RNG machine.

I certainly will try the game again as I believe the design is really neat, the concept is excellent and the limited gameplay I was able to try was fun.

reading the reviews it seems almost unanimously well liked except for the difficult to swallow IAP scheme - hopefully your update will be positive.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:05 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Just crossposting my thoughts from the front page article comments...

The game is cute, the music is GREAT. There will be obvious comparisons to Pokemon. But truth being told, after playing it for a couple days this game doesn't appear to have nearly the amount of depth of a typical Pokemon game (variety, battle mechanics, etc.). I can understand not having a game as feature-rich as Pokemon, but judging by how frequently you are reminded to make an IAP it seems you are expected to pay more for this than a Pokemon game. I would happily pay maybe $5-$10 to completely unlock this game and not have the ads or IAPs, but the cost of admission in the form of IAPs to play this game seems just too high when compared to the real thing.

Also, there's no confirmation before spending your gold -- I've on many occasions tapped a button when I meant to scroll only to find that I spent a bunch of gold...

Also, what's up in this screenshot?: http://cdn.toucharcade.com/wp-conten...l.zobzraov.jpg
I've never seen those effects in the game...
Old 08-17-2013, 09:16 AM

I did wait for the update - Honest!

going to delete the app permanently now, its two weeks after the promised "update"

I wish you well, but wont be playing this game and its completely off my radar now.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:04 PM

Ok. IAP aside, this game is AMAZING. Is there an android version coming? Please say yes. Pleeeeease.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:05 PM

So glad to see an update! I hope people start discussing this again.